What dwarf angelfish can I get in a 15 gallon tank

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the blue tang, clown, and pretty much everything but the springers damsel out of there first before even thinking of new fish.
Fish like the tang don’t just stop eating for no reason - there is something else in play whether it is keeper error, underlying disease, or hidden aggression.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he did try to eat but every time I would go near the tank he would hide he used to come out when I was far away

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there is no point getting a dwarf Angel so is there any other nice colourful fish that is not a wrasse because the ones you guys are saying have been sold out for months near me

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there is no point getting a dwarf Angel so is there any other nice colourful fish that is not a wrasse because the ones you guys are saying have been sold out for months near me
Nothing until everything else is removed.
Focus on taking care of what you have, not adding more to that burden.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any very colourful fish for a 15g baring in mind if it gets stressed to the 200 it will go

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems you have the 200 already therefore any small fish you place in that 15 can at anytime be moved to a larger tank if it becomes necessary. Any fish under 2" will be just fine. Although it's hard to beat a pair of clowns. If you like damsels then yellow-tail don't get big. Mine have remained under 2" going on two years plus in a 20H. Basically a tall 15. Can't see how pygmy/dwarf angel of similar size can't be there for an extended time. For example, 1" Flame isn't going to max out in a year and if it looks cramped then off to that 200 it goes.

If you just want to keep small fish for an extended period then have at it. Transhipper I was at kept anything under 3" in 15g tanks. They all seemed fine. All ate. No deaths. Didn't look stressed to me. Fact is I recommended he grab all the loose Hippo Tangs and place them in one 15g and afterwards they stopped hiding behind stand pipes or fleeing as others approached. These were very small hippo tangs. Must have been a half dozen plus in there. Granted these were hooked up to a massive oversized central wet dry system therefore no chance of contaminants.

Obviously this won't sit well with others and just offering based on my own experience. Plus having a 200 at your side to move something over if it does look stressed is an added insurance policy. Honestly, not going to know until you try.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to see if they would do okay in there I don’t want anything to die like the tang

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put them straight into my big tank if I bought one but they are fire I might buy one for the 200

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but Garrick said it would be fine unless you have any nice colourful not that expensive not a wrasse fish that would be okay in there for a bit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back