What effect does sump water height have on protein skimmers? | BRStv Investigates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's time to start making more educated choices about protein skimmers and how we use them in our tanks!

Today test the air draw performance of a handful of skimmers to find out how the water level in the sump affects their overall air draw. We may have opened the door to more questions than answers, but with what we learn today...by the time we're done testing skimmers in this series we'll probably wind up with better answers into optimizing skimmer performance than ever before!

If you're the type that likes an article format of these tests, we have them for a ton of our most recent videos! Check out today's video article here!

Last edited:

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's time to start making more educated choices about protein skimmers and how we use them in our tanks!

Today test the air draw performance of a handful of skimmers to find out how the water level in the sump effects their overall air draw. We may have opened the door to more questions than answers, but with what we learn today...by the time we're done testing skimmers in this series we'll probably wind up with better answers into optimizing skimmer performance than ever before!

If you're the type that likes an article format of these tests, we have them for a ton of our most recent videos! Check out today's video article here!

Love what you all are doing to add to the knowledge base of this hobby...Keep up the great work!!

rick

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a skimmer one time that would never skim right. Constantly overflowing. I didn't think the water level being too high would affect the performance because I was skimming at about 8 inches. Once I dropped the level to 7 inches it was fine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back