What fish are you looking for but just cannot seem to find?

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the fish I have wanted is a radiant wrasse, but I normally don't have a hard time finding them, it's buying them. The first one was purchased by someone else on my way to the store, the second had a rock dropped on it at the store and the third died during a tank move I was getting it from. A fourth died on me in quarantine. I just haven't had much luck with that fish.

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked that midas blenny out on liveaquaria. Says it may nip at firefish. I have a firefish in that tank. Wouldn't want my little firefish being nipped at.

I have considered a yellow candy hogfish, or a pyramid butterflyfish.

Last edited:

Ben jammin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quinquevittatum wrasse for me. Been looking for a year. My LFS had one about 3 months ago - gorgeous. Had them bag it up for me and it literally died from fright in the bag. Thought he was just playing dead so when I got home I did a drip acclimation and put him in my tank. When my other fish started eating it and it didn't react, I knew it was dead for real. Haven't found another one since, either locally or online.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for the tiniest porcupine puffer, to grow again in my tank.

had the most docile puffer that didn't even touch any of my various nano fish before. wasn't aggressive with any fish, actually broke up fights between blennies. Also would teach my baby humu how to behave in the 37 gallon. The humu followed him around, watched and learned from him. wife and I were so saddened when he passed. best fish we EVER had in all the years of me being into fish.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for the tiniest porcupine puffer, to grow again in my tank.

had the most docile puffer that didn't even touch any of my various nano fish before. wasn't aggressive with any fish, actually broke up fights between blennies. Also would teach my baby humu how to behave in the 37 gallon. The humu followed him around, watched and learned from him. wife and I were so saddened when he passed. best fish we EVER had in all the years of me being into fish.

Puffers are way too awesome. They truly become less like fish and more like pets. I'm sorry to hear you lost yours.
My valentini is very docile too and definitely my favourite fish :)

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a bonded pair of gem tangs or purple tangs.
a great white shark that stops growing at a 1' long
i can wish right?

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked that midas blenny out on liveaquaria. Says it may nip at firefish. I have a firefish in that tank. Wouldn't want my little firefish being nipped at.

Fwiw, My midas leaves my firefish alone.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A yellow fish that only gets about 4", is peaceful and appropriate for a sps reef with no sand bed.
Gold Assessor would fit that, I have one and it leaves my other fish, corals and inverts alone. Plus it likes to swim upside down which is a lot of fun to watch.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wanted assessors, just too expensive for a fish that hides a lot and lurks in the caves, thanks for the kind words Tyler.

My wife and I have been tempted so many times when we find a Porq Puffer, but most of the time its too big for our tank. I usually buy the smallest version of the fish were interested in so that we can keep it the longer in our tank before it gets too big and would have to donate to fellow reefers in our area. Plus I'm warry of any new puffer that I would buy as I don't know its own personality and whether he would ravage my tank and its co-habitants. I have a baby jewel toby there right now that behaving with a 2 " sized hover craft box fish that doesn't bother any coral, inverts nor wrasse they are with..

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the fish I cant seem to find anymore are warpaint gobies. I would love to have another pair

A yellow fish that only gets about 4", is peaceful and appropriate for a sps reef with no sand bed.
gold assessor commonly available at petco for less than $50 mine is always out and about have had him for a few years

Last edited:

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A yellow assessor would also be perfect. They don't get much bigger than 2" or so. And have a unique habit of swimming upside down and sideways.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414124692.440833.jpg

1.0reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Assessor, some Liopropoma Basslets, smaller anthias, some smaller wrasse, etc.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats weird you guys cant find assessors.... here every lfs has them petco usually has 2-3 in every storeat all times

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats weird you guys cant find assessors.... here every lfs has them petco usually has 2-3 in every storeat all times

Yea, same here plus they are usually ORA which is even better

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back