What I hate most about Reef Keeping...

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that everything can't live together. There are so many cool species out there that can't coexist...meaning more tanks.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When livestock dies... A huge clam you had for years suddenly dies, or a beautiful SPS colony you grew from a frag decides for no reason anyone can tell, to jump its tissue off the skeleton. New expensive equipment breaking is also a bummer, but not nearly as heartbreaking.

timkatz71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate playing "whats that sound" and then noticing after hearing it for 30 min or more that you ran out of RO water and your pump is gurgling

What's that sound... But a different twist, I set up a water change station but have to change my plumbing, when changing if I forget to shut off the pump (as well as the valve) I over flow my sump... Even with the pump off it syphons and overflows my sump [emoji37]

rumun232

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys could someone help me with green algaes in tank ??? The po4 is shown 0.003 but a lot of algaes in tank !

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When something dies/disappears and you play a searching game trying to find it before it rots and you get a huge algae bloom. Dealing with this right now.

Reefer-Madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$40 fish that kills, destroys, nibbles, knocks over, and agitates thousands of dollars of coral. Watching him do it and him knowing your looking.

ill get you a**hole fish.

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$40 fish that kills, destroys, nibbles, knocks over, and agitates thousands of dollars of coral. Watching him do it and him knowing your looking.

ill get you a**hole fish.

Dealing with that right now. $30 fish in this case ... Tomorrow is his day to the sump

kgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread took me back ... to times I'd rather forget.
The thing that always gets me is my empty bank account. I hate reefing for that. :)

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sheer amount of mis-information in this hobby that replicates faster than can be proven false.

Marta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having 2 tanks and wishing they could be combined into one big spectacular setting, my niger trigger that also bites the crap out of me when I least expect it, algae of any kind and lack of space for more tanks! I love this hobby, both freshwater and salt and could have 50 tanks and be happy (maybe-my husband would disagree!).

fishinfever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to keep up with all the new ideas and invensions in the hobby and determining if it works for your application. If it does work, do you buy it or try to DIY it. Very addicti, and very expensive.

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having to be a contortionist to pull my skimmer for maintenance.
Only thing more annoying is the fight to get it back into its "just right" position.

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good ones. I can not handle wet sock so much so my kids even tease me. Not a fan of misinformation either. Swaps with more stores then hobbyists would be OK if they offered deals but what really gets me is when I do what I say I won't. Fall victim to the marketing hype. High priced LE coral. Who are we kidding coral being a limited edition. These arnt numbered and signed by God as limited. To make myself feel better about it I frag and resell at a lower price or just share it. Gave a buddy some ASD Imperial Suns for a fraction of what I got them for. As said business have challenges that hobbyists don't. Its one thing to off set the cost of this hobby another to be business like and not be a business.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back