What is something you used to do for your reef tank that you no longer do? Method, maintenance and more..

dsh92056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is. The Plank is expensive, no doubt, but it's the best equipment purchase I've ever made, at least as far as fish are concerned. I've had it up and running for a few years now, isn't a day that goes by that I don't appreciate it.
It’s the best auto feeder I have ever purchased, I had three others that were dog poop.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP for more feedback!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me it was water changes so often. I had enough "other" natural ways to export nutrients that my tank did better with less water changes.

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my old tank I had NOT ONE bit of automation. That is gonna change. I am too old to do everything manually now. I wanna be able to enjoy it more without the need for constantly adding this, that and the other thing.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe a certain reefing method, some type of maintenance, something you used to dose etc.

What is something you used to do for your reef tank that you no longer do and why is that?

Mmmmm where to start:

Stability is key, if something is a chore and you can easily put off doing it, chances are I/We/You will likely not do it, or skip it, or life happens and you have to prioritize something else in your life.

So a few things have made this list for me, they seem like good practices in the beginning, but eventually it’s like, I think it will work just fine without it.

- Water Changes
- Filter Socks - The roller mats even are going to require changing..
- Algae Reactor
- GFO

Keep It Simple Stupid is the best motto… but also automate things to make life easier - so a bit of a contradiction

BigAsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Vacuuming sand bed - now bare bottom
2. Changing and cleaning filter socks - new sump has a roller mat that goes months between rolls
3. Manual water changes. Now automated
4. Manually filling ATO reservoir. Switched to a gravity system with a Brute and an Avast Barrel Tender
5. Dosing aminos
6. Target feeding coral

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back