What is the worst insult you have gotten about the hobby from....

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some people over and they called the corals plants. I corrected them everytime they said it, but they just couldn't grasp the concept. It really urked me. :)

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get past the insults and make spending easier, I educated my wife about having a reef tank. Just a little at a time and she became interested. Believe it or not, she now frags coral and enjoys it.

I tried that and her eyes just glazed over. Mine likes the tank but doesn't want to know the science/biology behind it. She just wants to look at it. She will humor me when I try to explain something and listen but that's about it.

reefdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so this thread would include visitors ignoring my corals and complementing my hermits and pest algae?

that one really burns

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some people over and they called the corals plants. I corrected them everytime they said it, but they just couldn't grasp the concept. It really urked me. :)

THAT ANNYS me soo much lol

how much have you spent on your corals a couple hunderd bucks....
haha i hear ya, i have a 180 FULL of corals and i had my gfs dad say so what do all those plastic corolful things cost like 50 bucks for all of them??!?! :eek:oh::eek:oh:

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didnt your mother ever teach you how to share your blocks,so i built a harley custom deuce to tell.oh and the reason was the fiance wanted to borrow my camera i use for taking pics of the tank.RJ
bike004.jpg

bike003.jpg

bike005.jpg

deuce041.jpg

deuce042.jpg

Last edited:

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get past the insults and make spending easier, I educated my wife about having a reef tank. Just a little at a time and she became interested. Believe it or not, she now frags coral and enjoys it.

First the Purple Hornets and now this!!! You are luckiest man alive, if you ever want to split some lotto tickets let me know. :wink:

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am honored to have been the inspiration for a thread...I must be moving up in the reefing community....lol

Just in case anyone is interested on the outcome of me forgetting my anniversary...I did the surf and turf thing that browns suggested...and it worked like a charm...I will live to reef another day.

I really want to thank all of you that posted in my thread...thanks for all the suggestions...I knew my reefing buddies would get me threw this.

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture a tank packed every square inch no room to spare, hot colors galore.
Fiances mother comes over to the house " holy crap what is that huge black snail" she says "where, what are you talking about" I reply. The first thing that caught her attention was the Loc-Line from the return........women.

You know what would be weak?

If someone bought you a land hermit crab with a painted shell as a gift like you gonna toss that in the tank *****.

*****!!!!! Too funny!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bluebeltreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha yeah, most people who come over think that everything besides the fish, are fake and only decorations. also, i dare not tell them how much time and money was spent, because i can only imagine what they would say.

OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't mention that you went to your reefing buddies to get help! you think you where in trouble then.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had non-reefing people come over and they would look at our 200 display and say " so everything is alive in there?" my reply would be yes and I would get????
even those black things? (refering to my korilla's?)
and I am talking about educated people??? My son has a t-shirt that say " I see stupid people" Maybe I should invest in one????

Kathy

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back