Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to learn how to seal and make my own tanks, but I don't trust myself.

But oddly I trust a random person to do it?hahaha
I think it would be interesting to make a complete DIY Tank. I'm kinda with you though I would never trust myself to do a process like that

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i want to understand how to run a carx and kalk.

precipitation, and other terminology factors make it daunting for me.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages - any tips from a top tank builder?
Thanks @Peace River

Resealing a tank?

We very rarely reseal a tank. I do mean rarely. reason is we can build a tank in fewer hours than properly resealing a tank.

I have seen resealing mean many things from a complete disassembly of the tank to a simple clean and apply silicone to the interior of the tank. If I were to reseal a tank, it would be a complete disassembly of the tank. Then it's like building a new tank. hardest and most tedious part of this is the cleaning and the prepping. All of the old silicone mush be removed.

Hope this helps.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to understand more about trace elements that actually make a difference.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Most of us will readily admit that we don't know everything when it comes to reefing and that there is always plenty to learn. Are there specific topics/areas/details that you would like to learn about? Maybe it is about coral health, the impact of flow, details about lighting, finer points of reefing chemistry, or something else. Let us know that thing (or things) is for you!
I'd like to learn more about fish quarantining protocol. I think there are multiple methods, like tank transfer and other things, would just like a good chart for what is recommended by fish type. I know certain fish don't do well with copper, some have natural slime coats like mandarin dragonettes, etc.

I've done a simple observational quarantine for anything going into my system, but it's a small system so I only ran a few things and no copper. As I plan a larger system, quarantine will be required for all fish.

Also wondering if I should run my current fish through a proper quarantine before adding to the larger system.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are multiple methods, like tank transfer and other things, would just like a good chart for what is recommended by fish type.
That is actually a brilliant idea. @Jay Hemdal are there few enough and clear enough delineations between fish and methods to do something like this or an interactive flow chart?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back