What would you like to learn?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most of us will readily admit that we don't know everything when it comes to reefing and that there is always plenty to learn. Are there specific topics/areas/details that you would like to learn about? Maybe it is about coral health, the impact of flow, details about lighting, finer points of reefing chemistry, or something else. Let us know that thing (or things) is for you!

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More detailed information on bacteria fed systems, how to dose, which products to use, etc.

More detailed information on ich management including some of the newer treatments like Polyp Labs medic.

How to articles with pictures on to properly set up skimmers or media reactors and that sort of equipment.

Etc.

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More detailed information on bacteria fed systems, how to dose, which products to use, etc.

More detailed information on ich management including some of the newer treatments like Polyp Labs medic.

How to articles with pictures on to properly set up skimmers or media reactors and that sort of equipment.

Etc.
Learn how to Grow your own pods.

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us will readily admit that we don't know everything when it comes to reefing and that there is always plenty to learn. Are there specific topics/areas/details that you would like to learn about? Maybe it is about coral health, the impact of flow, details about lighting, finer points of reefing chemistry, or something else. Let us know that thing (or things) is for you!
learn to read "PAR" with my eyes !

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you add a fuge to a tank without a sump?
Hob but I wouldn't bother. Once the tank matures there will be pods in the DT without adding them. All of my displays are crawling with pods. It is difficult keeping enough for a mandarin in a small tank tho but maturity is key to having a good pod population IME

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best music to listen to when I am watching my tank with my feet up. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in learning more coral taxonomy and anatomy (And maybe fish too). I would like to broaden my knowledge beyond the hobbyist level to better understand coral. I know this is a field of study that requires decades plus of research and training, but I will try to absorb as much knowledge as I can within my means. Coral are more than pretty decorations, and I hope to better understand the animals I keep.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always keen on learning new methodology of doing certain task better. Maybe a better way of cleaning a tank, better way of caring for a specific fish, or maybe a way that is not conventional but works really well.

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hob but I wouldn't bother. Once the tank matures there will be pods in the DT without adding them. All of my displays are crawling with pods. It is difficult keeping enough for a mandarin in a small tank tho but maturity is key to having a good pod population IME
My tank has a lot of amphipods. Would that work as a food source for them or do they only eat coepods?

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to learn how to seal and make my own tanks, but I don't trust myself.

But oddly I trust a random person to do it?hahaha

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has a lot of amphipods. Would that work as a food source for them or do they only eat coepods?
My understanding is they eat both but that is info I gathered online. I only kept a mandarin once but it disappeared so I assumed it died. I also have read amphipods eat copepods. It's just case of big eats small. Some people make feeders to feed live baby brine shrimp and others training them to eat frozen. I haven't wanted to keep one bad enough to put forth the effort. I have larger tanks and little fish like mandarins and smaller gobies get lost so I stopped adding little fish.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trace & Micro Elements and their target values relative to Salinity or Calcium consumption as well as what it one is supposed to have an impact on for the corals.

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to run a low to no water change system by systematically dosing all for reef or similar to keep up alk, calcium and magnesium. Also how to properly embrace Macroalgae as a form of export for heavy metals and contaminants in the tank.

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am interested in learning more coral taxonomy and anatomy (And maybe fish too). I would like to broaden my knowledge beyond the hobbyist level to better understand coral. I know this is a field of study that requires decades plus of research and training, but I will try to absorb as much knowledge as I can within my means. Coral are more than pretty decorations, and I hope to better understand the animals I keep.

Here is a resource to consider:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 87 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back