OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for everyone's input. I ordered Red Sea Pro for Nitrate, Calcium, Alk, and Magnesiun. Hanna for phosphate. Got a good deal only $67 with shipping for all of the Red Sea Pro kits that I ordered. New build thread to follow this weekend.

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Thanks for your input Windy.

I use Hannah checkers for alkalinity and phosphate. Salifert for calcium and magnesium. My reefkeeper does pH and salinity.
Did you have any problem calibrating you PH probe on your ReefKeeper? I have the ReefKeep lite, went through the calibration process like they instruct. But after I went back to the main screen, it reported the ph was 8.7 and I still had it in the 10.0 ph packet. I'm pretty sure that I saved the calibration properly after doing the cal using the 7.0ph, then the 10.0ph packets.

Allen

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that some of the posters here are using the Hanna testers for testing the aquarium water. Are they more accurate than the chemical testing kits? I currently have the Red Sea Pro testing kits. The main problem that concerns me is if the tint of the sample under testing is the proper tint for what I'm looking for. It seems kinda subjective. That's why I was wondering if the Hanna 'digital' testers are accurate and pretty much 'idiot' (me) proof.

Thanks for any info or comments.

Allen

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had an issue with calibrating the pH probe on my reef keeper. And it actually does a really good job of staying calibrated.

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had an issue with calibrating the pH probe on my reef keeper. And it actually does a really good job of staying calibrated.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Maybe I should call Digital Aquatics and see what they have to say. Maybe my probe is bad.

Thanks again.

Allen

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try calibrate it again. Unfortunately calling them is not using the best solution as their tech support is not very good. However their forum is usually pretty good about helping people out it just may take a day or two.

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try calibrate it again. Unfortunately calling them is not using the best solution as their tech support is not very good. However their forum is usually pretty good about helping people out it just may take a day or two.
Thanks again for this info. I'll try what you suggested.
(I picked up a packet of 7.0ph solution and a packet of 10.0ph solution just incase I did try to recal the probe.)

Allen

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for this info. I'll try what you suggested.
(I picked up a packet of 7.0ph solution and a packet of 10.0ph solution just incase I did try to recal the probe.)

Allen

So to track PH on a ReefKeeper what is needed? I have a ReefKeeper Lite and as I understand it I have to purchase the SL1 correct?

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to track PH on a ReefKeeper what is needed? I have a ReefKeeper Lite and as I understand it I have to purchase the SL1 correct?
Yes, the Reefkeeper SL1 module enables you to connect the PH probe to the ReefKeeper control system.

Allen

nelsonre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I know where you ordered? I made all my test in the store at the moment but I definitely want to do it on my own, thx

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Sl1 does pH and orp along with temp. Sl2 does pH temp and salinity. Brs and marine depot stock.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back