• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not the only one. I think these are hyped up because they use to sell for nothing now someone is like OMG bounce.. Cool looking but not for the price

BluewaterLa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are bounces still as popular as they used to be?

Personally I think the ''trend '' on them are slowing down just like every other Hot ''New'' coral or the week, month, year.
Those of us who been in or stay in the hobby long enough can attest to the trending popular corals or the must have in your reef.
Anyone remember when a Pectinia could not be given away ? Yup at one time only a handful of folks would even think of buying one even at silly low prices of 10 to 20 bucks with decent color not wild color and the colony would be Larger than your hand easy.
A little while back it seemed as if they were the flavor of the month, not so much anymore.
Every now and then this would happen but it is silly common these days to slap a name on something, call it rare or limited edition then jack up the price to it seems only the cool kids will have it and everyone else just has to be jealous.
Marketing and hype sure has changed the hobby. You can have two identical frags, take one and put a normal or low price on it with No name and the second with some fancy name and a price tag to match and just see how many folks would fall over themselves trying to be the first to get the higher priced one in their tank because its more special.
At the end of the day it is up to the individual to decide what tips their turtle, what types of corals they really like / want and what they are willing to pay for them. To each their own as most everything in life.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back