Bounce or no bounce

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terriblesam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Negative comments motivate me more than the positive ones. This is why one day, im gonna thank all my haters for making my dreams come true

20170110_000314.jpg

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm relatively new to the hobby and would much rather grow a simple green and purple birds nest, than a bounce mushroom. IMO

Payday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them. I want one. I just think they are over priced at the moment. I have the jaw breaker, love it. I'm not sure how high the prices where when they were first introduced but they seemed "ok" when I got mine a while back. One thing that I like about the Jawbreaker is that it pops out babies on its own. I have a rhodactis shroom that's probably 3" when its fully opened and it hasn't had any babies in a year which is how long I've had it. I know that most people cut the foot of the bounces to get a frags but I like the natural reproduction much more.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm relatively new to the hobby and would much rather grow a simple green and purple birds nest, than a bounce mushroom. IMO
Give it some time... I got into this hobby absolutely hating Acropora, 3 years later my tank is nothing but acros. So your taste in corals can change dramatically.

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly think they are cool looking, but never in a million years would pay the price tag.
However, that being said, I am sure things I like and am willing to pay for otherwise would feel the same about it towards my taste

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still not really sure what qualifies a shroom as a bounce. Is it just the bubbles?

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were at my LFS..
IMG_20170131_170452_zpsmyrh5fji.jpg

I've always like mushrooms, ricordias, yumas, etc.. So I like the bounce. I just don't like the super exaggerated price. Those 2 were priced higher than my tank + equipment + livestock. I'll wait until they come down.

Seagars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am over all the speck of frags for unGodly amounts of money. we are just messing up each other.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never ever going to happen!!!!!:cool:

Bounces will go the same route as Scolly's.:p

Haha, I figure crazy still photoshop and hundreds for 1/4" nubs have to do it eventually!

I would love to see people explore more varieties of softies be explored and cultured.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Somehow I have missed these corals. I love shrooms in general and those are some serious colors. Definitely will wait for the price to come down though.

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago I bought several mushrooms from an online place and one had these "blisters" on it that I thought were either bubble algae or a disease, so I trashed it even though it was pretty. If only I would have had the forethought to give it a catchy name and propagate it.....dang, once again I was on the pier when my ship set sail.

coralvault

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only gripe is with the names, not the corals. All corals are beautiful, that's why I started this hobby so many years ago, to enjoy the animals and watch nature's magic, in my tiny glass box. ;)

All are beautiful but some are much more beautiful:))

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back