would you add a emp. angel is this tank?

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys the emp. Is on the list. So excited!!
Now to get the rest sorted out.

Thanks for all the feedback!
I recommend an auto feeder for dry foods. It doesn't need to be a lot but they are far less grumpy when they aren't hangry. Nori is offered(and consumed) everyday. Once it hits it's growth spurt, it will be like a dog begging at the table. They recognize people and will cruise the glass to be fed.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend an auto feeder for dry foods. It doesn't need to be a lot but they are far less grumpy when they aren't hangry. Nori is offered(and consumed) everyday. Once it hits it's growth spurt, it will be like a dog begging at the table. They recognize people and will cruise the glass to be fed.
Got a couple auto feeders around.
That was the plan. :)

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re starting fresh, just go for pre-quarantined fish. There’s so many options now with QT & CB vendors it doesn’t make any sense to go another way.

Strikers Reef, TSM, Dr Reef’s, Marine Collectors, Biota, Poma Labs.

I get it eliminates the excitement of going to the fish store & hand picking your fish. But most of them will send you a video of the fish, Take special order requests, Let you pick if they have multiples. Etc etc etc…..

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re starting fresh, just go for pre-quarantined fish. There’s so many options now with QT & CB vendors it doesn’t make any sense to go another way.

Strikers Reef, TSM, Dr Reef’s, Marine Collectors, Biota, Poma Labs.

I get it eliminates the excitement of going to the fish store & hand picking your fish. But most of them will send you a video of the fish, Take special order requests, Let you pick if they have multiples. Etc etc etc…..
agreed BUT...
the problem is not every QT protocol is equal. on R2R the suggested QT process the the copper for ich and velvet now that is a great thing bit what about all the other stuff.

I think I'll be using the Hybrid tank transfer method on this tank. both my self and both from vendors that have done this.

excited for this fish! been dragging my feet getting the tank going tho...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back