OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up stopping in to the @AquaSD storefront. Super nice guys. Tons of corals and great prices. Looks like they are going through a nice remodel too. Thanks for the time guys :)

Superglue is not looking to hold up on all of the corals really well. Not excited about diving in again to find the corals that have come free and regluing them. :(

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try some epoxy on the base of the sticks then superglue that down. It'll give the glue something better to bond to than slimy acro skin haha

sublime-1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was one of the better formatted build threads I have seen.

Really inspiring stuff, and after 20 years in the hobby, i am getting ready to embark on a similar project.

Just trying to decide between 265 and 310.

I'll definitely subscribe and keep an eye on your systems' maturing :)

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was one of the better formatted build threads I have seen.

Really inspiring stuff, and after 20 years in the hobby, i am getting ready to embark on a similar project.

Just trying to decide between 265 and 310.

I'll definitely subscribe and keep an eye on your systems' maturing :)

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Honestly if I was choosing a tank now I think I would go about 18" tall. Hate having the light so close to the water and needing a snorkeling mask to reach stuff [emoji12]

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey nice build how do u have ur sea swirls pointed and what do u have ur wavs set at??

Really nice build I enjoyed reading it also what kind of computer is that in the basement?

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the swirls in the back left and right corners. The sweep 90 degrees from the front directly at the glass to inwards directly at the overflow.

The 2 sea sweeps with tunzes are on each side of the overflow sweeping from facing directly at the front of the tank to the corners at the back.

The wavs alternate programs all day and are set to be the inverse of one another.

Here is a short iPhone video from this evening. My tiny little corals look so much smaller now that they are spread out all over.

Tangs are also getting a bit aggressive. Might be time to pull them out for a while.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have been noticing reduced PE for the last few days. Check params and all was in check. Decided to pull a frag and dip it again. I have been using ME Coral Wash as I don't enjoy using Bayer. It didn't kill anything when I dipped, but I did see this in the bucket. It is bright red. Can't say I have ever had a pest like this make it into any of my tanks. Anyone able to confirm from this terrible video?

Ugh... guess ME doesn't work. I took the coral out of the bucket and added 6x the recommended dosage. Didn't even kill the pods. Looks like my dipping has been worthless. Time to pull all of the frags I just glued down to dip them.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to dip all of the corals again with a bayer dip this time. I am going to set up a frag/coral QT system that is separate from the main system. After I treat them? I am going to move them all to the frag system for a while to make sure nothing else is going on in the DT.

Put some nori in the tank and made a little video of everyone eating. Always love watching videos like this in other tanks. Just fun to see all of the fish come forward.

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get some bayer. I can't get it in Canada but I live close to the border so I'll have to see if I can bring some across...

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed a Seneye and love the ease. Laptop is always close, so no need for the wifi SWS, but looking forward to testing all over. Getting great growth still in the DT, but my polyp extension is not great. Trying to understand the cause. I know my TDS went up a bit, so I cleaned all of the bins out, changed all RODI filters and have them back at absolute 0. Hoping I will get everything all fuzzy again for some updated coral photos!

This reading is from my new frag setup. It is independent of the main system. I want to have some backup coral frags in case of a crash or anything silly in the main system.

Frag PAR - Bottom Center - 5-22-17.png

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I updated.

Left for Italy for a few weeks and left the tank in the care of my family. Unfortunately, it cost me a few beautiful animals. When I got home, the main return pump was off. Hard to say for how long, but long enough that the coraline above the water line was white. My male flame wrasse and one of 2 rhomboids made it into the overflow somehow and died in the stagnant water. My emperor angel completely disappeared. Fairly upsetting moment after a long expensive trip to come home and find out it has cost you even more.

Thankfully, my SPS was mostly in tact. Lost the tierra del fuego, a walt disney, and ASD mille, but all else was ok. Finally getting some of them to color back up.
IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

Also recently replaced my doser with a GEO 818 Calcium Reactor. This thing is serious!

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

In any case, still at it :) Cleaning up a lot in the tank room at the moment. Want to get some good photos of where it is at now.

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I assumed it wouldn't go perfectly, but it was definitely more than I was ready to find wrong.

At least with CORA's swap coming up in Columbus on 10/7, I can grab some more frags to replace the ones I lost :D

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back