WV reefers

Ladysaber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuji rocks. I love that guy. But one can't just stop in his store for fish/coral. Gotta get his sushi as well :) Fuji told me yesterday that he's putting an order in soon for fish/coral. He orders sometimes through LA/DD and Quality Marine.

Specialty Pets... Great store and Ron is just awesome. Phil? Not there except after school hours. Ron/Phil posts their special order list every Monday on Facebook. If it's on the list, they can normally
get it. They get their stock through Carolina Aquatics every Tuesday afternoon.

As of yesterday, they still had Ruby Reds in stock.

Inland Reef? I can't bring myself to go in there anymore. I called the ASPCA on them last year and had their macaws confiscated due to poor care. The owner was granted back his birds, but with frequent visits by one of the local rescues (these birds were in bad shape and he didn't care until they were forcefully removed from the shop). I live less than 2 miles away from them and will only deal with Specialty and Fuji :)

Ladysaber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with a chemist yesterday
about the MCHM. He said the key to complete removal was carbon. As long as fresh carbon was used, the chemical is gone. For the record, he works for CAMC and not the water company or our crooked governor. Lol.

He said our use of RODI on the tanks is perfect. I've done numerous water changes and haven't had a single coral melt or fish die..

We're still not using our water. Only because my children are aged 6, 4, and 3. Not worth the guessing should an illness happen later on. Maybe towards this summer we'll trust the water supply. We were thinking of sending samples of our water out for independent testing, but the coat is pretty prohibitive. Sigh.

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may need to call them and go up on Saturday to get one. I really want one.

Ladysaber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey! Look at what Kris just posted for shipment next week.. If you didn't hit up Ron today, call him and have him put you down for one for Tuesday delivery :)

e3apyvy4.jpg

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get to call today. I work nights until 6 am and slept all day. I've been worn out. I was going to go Saturday but may wait until next week and have them go ahead and order me one.

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not actually on fb. But specialties page is public so I can check it lol

katietrimmier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I have to go to Pittsburgh this week to take my son to a dr. appt. someone mentioned to me in passing about a fish store that had $5.00 frag tanks. He also said they were buy 5 get 6th free. I don't know the name of the store he told me. I don't know how to get ahold of the guy to ask him. Does this sound familiar to anyone who shops in the Pittsburgh area? Thanks!!!

timah04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything new and exciting going on for the rest of you WV reefers? I know one thing, I'm over this weather.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back