My black damsel is turning white

Stress? How long have you had it? Is it being bullied? Any stinging corals or anemones it fancies?
 
I've had it about 2 months and just fake reef and has five lil buddies they swim fine and he eat like a champ will try to get a pic of him
 
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/09/a7ujety3.jpg[/IMG
Best pic I could get of him he's almost white and you can see his scales unlike the other guy
 
avuzybaq.jpg
 
Any chance it is a dascyllus albisella? A quick search turned up they lose their spots and turn grey/white with age. Also look at dascyllus trimaculatus (same thing happens).
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new