• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SC's Ultimate Chalice Growout

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be good with staying in this thread! What about everyone else? Are we going to set a cut off time to get the payments in and let the back up guys have a chance if the others haven't paid?

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think staying with this thread would be best. Right now, everyone but one has paid and he sent me a PM and told me he would pay in a few days. I'm going to PM him back to try to get a more definite timeline and go from there. The deposit was $500 for Mike to start cutting the frags, so we are well above that mark.

CJ

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've subscribed to this thread, so if it all stays in this one that's fine with me. But, it wouldn't be hard to find a new one and subscribe to that one, too. Since a good bit of info is already here about who is a part of this grow out and the various details, I think it makes sense to keep everything else, start to finish, here together.

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news. I've confirmed with Mike that all of the money is in. Next step is waiting on 3/20/11 for the frag swap.. drainbamage- time to clear some room!

CJ

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news. I've confirmed with Mike that all of the money is in. Next step is waiting on 3/20/11 for the frag swap.. drainbamage- time to clear some room!

CJ

That is very good news! Now the waiting begins......................LOL

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a pick up later of the My Miami frag, hopefully that'll help hold you over :bigsmile:

room has already been cleared and prepped, and have pleanty of food ready to get shoved down their mouths :xd:

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great.. the more pics, the better!

CJ

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's the frag, but oh me oh my, I borrowed some LEDs to see what would happen, and I'm going to have to get you guys a pic of it, just stunning what this guy looks like with an LED popping him! Just t5s on my tanks, but after seeing the difference may be doing some LEDs in the future...

%<-GPS

030911029.jpg

Last edited:

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice.... looks hungry! :)

CJ

Oh, she's been eating! Takes down about 4-5 of the reef caviar eggs per feeding, has some noticeable growth going on. Been feeding my main colony as well, recently went from 4 eyes to 8 after being fed again. I picked up a Bubble Gum Monster from SDguy as a single polyp about 4-5 weeks ago (i think) and it's rocking 4 eyes now, so if it continues to grow, maybe I'll be able to toss in a frag of it, but no promises :tongue:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh man I can't believe I missed this one I would have loved to get in this bargain package goodluck on the growout hope all goes well and will b on the lookout for next one

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely, yes, but if they haven't fully healed I told Mike no reason to rush and ill just drive up and pick them up sometime this week. He said most all the frags had healed over the cut areas, but a few were not completely ready. Id rather not rush and risk any of them, but we'll see on sunday and ill keep you posted. Also need to update the MM picture as it has a second eye growing in

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like they are gonna be ready guys... ill take a really close look tomorrow morning ..

As promised i told you guys that i will make it worth it for choosing SEXYCORALS as your growout sponsor for high end coral!! Here is why you should always choose us.. Im throwing in the following as a bonus to your growout!

Tyree Orange rainbows .. 2 polyps to get you guys started.. =)
6-10.jpg

a nice nice frag of my SC frozen lava.. (being Tyree anytime now)
Picture275.jpg

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are awesome! Thanks so much. Looking forward to see the frags settling into drainbamage's tank. After reading your other thread, I'm glad that he can pick them up in person.

CJ

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible... Thank you so much!

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sigh* I just wrote up a thing about how long of a weekend I've had and how I was going to put up some pics that Ill take tonight even though I decided not to take them, but can't help it cause of how sweet everything looks- but I messed up and deleted the text :cry:

so tl;dr version-

even though I'm really really really tired and exhausted, the frags are so sweet I just have to get some pictures snapped after they're done acclimating. I won't be able to get them up till tomorrow night, but just wanted to give y'all an update- all are looking good and we're ready to get this thing rockin!

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that they are settling in nicely. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

CJ

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back