OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the SWC unit. Should be here in a couple of days. I will post an update when it arrives and is installed.

snoopie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need it for such a small tank why dont you just do a 12 DIY cree led kit from reefledlights.com would be much cheaper and a lot better!

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do plan on upgrading my tank to a 24L x 24W x18H 45 gal tank sometime in the next two years so I wanted a light that would be able to cover it. Also, the ability to dim the lights was a huge factor. And I didn't want to have to make it myself. Don't trust my own work with electricity. :neutral:

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved the light yesterday. Check out my tank thread for a complete review.

IMG_8923.jpg

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the par values that are listed in the instructions that came with the light as well as the technical specifications:

Scan_Pic0032.jpg

Scan_Pic0033.jpg

rocking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see i am building my led lights from start to end its just driveing me crazy with how its going i need 6 36 k leds i know there made by creed but i cant fiend them agen

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see i am building my led lights from start to end its just driveing me crazy with how its going i need 6 36 k leds i know there made by creed but i cant fiend them agen

Sorry I am not much help in sourcing those lights for your build.
I have increased light power to 100% and so far no corals have responded negatively. In fact, all corals are opened wide up with never before seen polyp extension. They seem to be loving this light as much as I do!

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of my tank with the new lights on

[video]http://youtu.be/TWSloNclriY[/video]

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is 1.5 months growth of my green-tipped birdsnest under the SWC LED lights. I think this is a pretty good indication that LEDs are just as good as metal halides and T5s for coral growth.

June 2, 2011
IMG_8975.jpg

July 17, 2011
IMG_9320.jpg

dunning3075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personally installed and watched the evolution of Two boost mu leds. I installed them on a 120 gallon half circle that a friend of mine has. It is a true mixed reef and it has plenty of light. As a matter of fact we had to raise the lights. They are currently hanging at 14 inches above the water I beleive if memory serves me its a 27 in deep tank. The biggest complaint I had about them was the violet leds added too much in some cases. the colors were tremendous but they almost hurt your eyes when looking at the tank. I run just blue and white leds in a similar fixture and Absolutely love the growth and color. My sps never looked better. I am currently building a 120 gallon all glass with 4 AI sol blues. Well hope this helps

dunning3075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what its worth if you are going to spend 400 on an led fixture why not spend the extra few hundered and get one that is fully controlable and dimmable. The AI sol blue is 530 plus 78 for the controller its 75 watts and is one of the absolute best led fixtures out there for the money. look them up and really study all the different options before you purchase. There are alot of led options out there. A ton of info leds are capable of some amazing things Its amazing what a few hundred more dollars can do for you. Just an oppinion

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at those lights when I was considering what to buy, but decided to ease my way into LED's for this smaller tank. If/when I decide to get a larger tank, I will definitely be looking into something that is controllable, upgradeable and modular.

OP
OP
Russter

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is 1.5 months growth of my green-tipped birdsnest under the SWC LED lights. I think this is a pretty good indication that LEDs are just as good as metal halides and T5s for coral growth.

June 2, 2011
IMG_8975.jpg

July 17, 2011
IMG_9320.jpg

Sept 11, 2011

IMG_9924.jpg

I think the proof is in the picture. These SWC lights will grow anything you put in your tank.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back