ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chris

Again, An awesome tank mate.

Just had a look through your Radion Schedule, do you not have an issue with coral bleaching running your LED at 100% for that length of hours.

Thanks
Thanks-
Not at all, but I do keep the LPS pretty low or partially shaded; they don't appreciate it as much as the SPS.

How's your luck been with the red saddled anthias?

I would place the Red Saddled anthias in the middle of the road on the anthias difficulty scale. They are fairly hardy but do like to stay close to caves and overhangs and handle the other active fish really well. They don't eat much per feeding, so they need to eat pretty often to keep the weight on, otherwise pretty standard rules apply. Identifying gender can also be a bit tricky.

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place the Red Saddled anthias in the middle of the road on the anthias difficulty scale. They are fairly hardy but do like to stay close to caves and overhangs and handle the other active fish really well. They don't eat much per feeding, so they need to eat pretty often to keep the weight on, otherwise pretty standard rules apply. Identifying gender can also be a bit tricky.[/QUOTE]

I've had some for going on 2 weeks. The group whittled down to 3 unfortunately, but the remaining ones are doing ok. Only fish in the tank and they are aggressive eaters for me (feeding 3-6 times a day-LRS reef frenzy). How long have you had yours, and how many do you have? Thanks for the info, first hand experience and write ups with these fish seems to be fairly limited. Amazing tank btw!!

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some for going on 2 weeks. The group whittled down to 3 unfortunately, but the remaining ones are doing ok. Only fish in the tank and they are aggressive eaters for me (feeding 3-6 times a day-LRS reef frenzy). How long have you had yours, and how many do you have? Thanks for the info, first hand experience and write ups with these fish seems to be fairly limited. Amazing tank btw!!

I have a trio and have had them since April, haven't lost any yet.. I did a three week quarantine and was able to get them onto pellets. I haven't seen any aggression between them but they do display to each other on occasion. My other anthias (even the purple queens) are chubby but these guys stay pretty slender, I'm not sure if that's how they are or if they really need to eat that much more than the others.

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated FTS:
4.jpg

Newest fish:
elos-131.jpg

Zoom

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh good LAWD!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Captain Billy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank, great fish, great photos, great job!

Wish I could get my sand bed the clean, I've done basically the same but I've gotten it down to 1" and don't want to siphon it off any shallower, I was getting bare glass from my vortechs, I've got them dialed in now though. Getting ready to go full zeo with my system to try to get the sand bed clean finally and get a little better color and growth from my stonies.

Lalo J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a truly winning combination, the tanks like yours with a lot of cleaning and selection are definitely the best.
Crystal clear water + Beautiful fish + Nice aquascape and corals = Stunning Reef

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome System Dude! This is one excellent clean system. I may have to break down one of my tanks in the 300g system just to work on achieving something as nice as this. I guess I've been a cheap DIY hack for years but now that I actually have alot of the proper equipment I can actually concentrate on design.

Maaaad!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back