Chris' algae farm (ELOS 160)

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by ChristopherKriens, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Viner87

Viner87 Active Member Reef Tank 365

Ah man that’s awful - I’ve seen velvet destroy a fish in QT and I don’t want to ever see it again (the most horribly parasite).

A trio of flames direct from a collector sounds amazing - I’ve been after a pair for ages now.

najer, drawman and Brian1f1 like this.

2. Brian1f1

Brian1f1 Well-Known Member

It was an awesome connection, and sad he died as a result of collecting more of them.

drawman and Viner87 like this.
  3. Gordon Cashmore

Gordon Cashmore Active Member Build Thread Contributor

what camera and filters are you using to take pictures. I can't get anything near what you are getting?

4. choss

choss Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

This tank was an inspiration for me as is his frag tank. In fact I set my scape up based on the two island Pukani rock from this tank. Like Chris, I also had an issue that caused me to have to drain and rehouse my livestock. I wasn't as far along but it was devastating but I'm now focused on 2.0. This hobby has such ups and downs but its good to have a long view. In the end it has brought me more good times than bad.

samnaz, najer and ChristopherKriens like this.
  5. ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens Unknown Member R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor

Hey Gordon,

Almost all of the photos from this thread were taken with a Canon 5D Mark II body. I'm shooting with a Canon 5D Mark IV these days with the Canon 100mm f2.8L macro. No filters, except when doing fluorescent-only photos.

Good equipment is a necessary but insufficient condition for getting great photos; the remainder is technique, editing, and luck (which are much cheaper!)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    samnaz, Fishlee, najer and 1 other person like this.
  6. wrxreefer823

wrxreefer823 New Member

Your tank is the inspiration for me to get back into the hobby. We just built a house and I have the green light to go ahead and get my large tank. My choices are a Reefer 625 or 750 (just depends what wall we decide to put it on) or my LFS carries a line of “Pro Clear Aquatics”, their largest rimless is roughly 59x20x20 for around $1500. I love the fact that the back of your tank is clear and the Pro Clear’s back is also clear and the overflow is in the corner. Here’s a few pics of it at the store, it’s VERY tempting as I’d have more wiggle room for Radeons, MP40’s, etc...

The biggest thing I want to do is keep with the minimalistic scape, I want to try my hardest to recreate what you have there. It’s gorgeous!

E7F0AF1A-5148-4750-9809-9FB2F288095C.jpeg

BC25E558-ADE0-4169-8424-26732F8971B7.jpeg

najer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted