I have MTS

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multi tank syndrome! I'm just going to use this thread for all of my tanks instead of having one for each tank. This thread will mostly just be a picture dump but if you have questions, ask!

36 gallon bow front reef

Growing back after nearly dying last year

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a simple 10 gal frag tank

Female maroon

Male maroon

Older pic of them
IMG_7446_zpsccfe91dc.jpg

Baby plates

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell us more about that lamp shade tank. Filtration lighting and the cool ins an outs. Thing looks awesome and so does everything else

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the build thread on the lamp tank. I'll try and get some more pics soon. I had a bad outbreak of what looked like really thick diatoms in that tank so I took everything out and went lights out for a week. I'm just now starting to put corals back in it.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-90-build-off-competition/166366-dixies-mystery-nano-90-a.html

Our red sea max c-130 came in on Monday. My husband is gone until sunday and I told him I'd wait for him to set it up since we wouldn't even have it if it wasn't for him building the lamp tank.

The only tank that has a sump is the 36 bow front but I'll try to get some pics up soon! Thanks for taking a look!

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally got the tank that we won from the nano in 90 comp. Thank you again Reef2Reef and Red Sea! The new tank is a red sea max c-130. I used it to replace my 30 long softie tank, I used the same water, sand, and rock.

Last edited:

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! Love the new tank! you sure set that up quickly! also love all of the varied systems each being its own unique habitat. I like the way you have the feather duster toward the top on the softie tank - also the little polyps in the shell - you have a very creative mind :)

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! Love the new tank! you sure set that up quickly! also love all of the varied systems each being its own unique habitat. I like the way you have the feather duster toward the top on the softie tank - also the little polyps in the shell - you have a very creative mind :)

Thank you. Since I used the same live rock and water from a previously established system, there won't be a cycle. We're really loving the new tank, we're just having trouble breaking in the skimmer.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back