Sticks and Stones -spec V

charliethezero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
139
Reaction score
85
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just filled this tank yesterday, 1-22-15. My plan its for a SPS dominated tank with one undecided unique fish (recommendations appreciated).

CAM01753-1.jpg
 
SPS need lots of flow, where are your powerheads?
If you have not decided on a power head you have time while you cycle. Speaking of cycling what method are you using?

P.S. I would defiantly have a powerhead that has a wave maker function, I think your tank would look awesome with a wave running it's length in to the overflow!
 
Last edited:
Right now everything is stock except lights. I'm going to switch out the pump for a 606 and still undecided on the powerhead, I want something tiny but still powerful. Like it was said still have a cycle to go through (shrimp/live rock).
 
The rock work looks great! I think a yasha goby and pistol shrimp would be perfect for the tank. :)
 
Do you guys think replacing the stock pump with a 160g/h will be sufficient for SPS if I can get no dead spots? I am also looking at the wp4 and controller if it's not.
 
I found it at one of my lfs. It is really nice, they always have tanks full of it. I'll ask where they get it from next time I'm there.
 
Do you guys think replacing the stock pump with a 160g/h will be sufficient for SPS if I can get no dead spots? I am also looking at the wp4 and controller if it's not.

That's more for tank turnover then it is moving all the tank water. I'd look into some good power heads.

Like the minimal rockscape!
 
I got to pay around with a WR-4 at my lfs and decided I really like it except I don't think it will fit where I want it. I am going to look at the tunze nanostream next.
 
I've been adding corals for a couple weeks now. Acros, birdsnest, stag, monties and a few others. Here's an updated picture.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150217_142842.jpg
    IMG_20150217_142842.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20150217_143253.jpg
    IMG_20150217_143253.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 303
Looking good!
 
Thank you, I think I'm going to just let it growout now. I am adding a pair of blue striped pipefish next week and a nano clam when I find one I like. I will most likely just do monthly update pictures unless something interesting happens.
 
Just picked up two fish for this tank. They are very social and active.

blue striped pipefish pair
 

Attachments

  • CAM01990.jpg
    CAM01990.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 216
  • CAM01995.jpg
    CAM01995.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 217

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new