How to post pics from Photobucket to R2R (updated 1-5-2012)

  • Thread starter Thread starter cparka23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cparka23

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
725
Reaction score
6
Location
Republic of Dave
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote a simple, step-by-step tutorial last spring using Photobucket as an example, but it looks like Photobucket has changed their layout a bit since then. I figured that it's time for an update and that I would also offer a troubleshooting tip for those of us experiencing problems in getting the pics to display properly.

I am going to assume that you can create a Photobucket account and have figured out how to upload photos. (Alternatively, try imgur.com. It has a clean layout that I really like, and uploading photos is literally drag-and-drop. It's my new favorite.)

HOW TO POST PICS FROM PHOTOBUCKET
This is the layout of the album screen. Notice the last line underneath the photo that you want to share. If it is labelled IMG Code, then you're in good shape.

12.jpg


If your photo doesn't have "IMG code" showing, click the "Share" link.
23.jpg


Click "Get link code"...
32.jpg


And fill in the check box "IMG for bulletin boards & forums".
42.jpg


Now, go back to the album view. The pictures should all have a line called "IMG code."
53.jpg


Now, we're ready to post the picture to R2R. Just click on the box next to the label "IMG code" and copy the text in it. As you create your post on Reef2Reef, all you have to do is paste the text into the area where you are typing. It will look like this before you click the "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply" button.
81.jpg


When you submit your post to the forum, everything between the square brackets will go away, leaving the photo in it's place.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
all you have to do is highlight the DIRECT LINK under the photo in thumbnail view then click on the "tree" icon above and paste it in...Good write up though.
 
Thank you so much for this!!
 
Good write up.

I helped Brad fix his yesterday by having him create a new album without spaces. His pictures worked every time after that.
 
The percent sign issue has been fixed here on r2r so you can disregard that part of the original post...1smile1 still great info an might help on other sites if they have that plague...:)
 
Bump for this great informative thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new