Hydroids... Bad or indifferent?

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what people think about hydroids... specifically the ones that look like wagon wheels. Seems everyone has a different opinion. I have them in my tank, but as I've seen a lot of people say, they go away in time. They have definitely started going down in numbers. Are there any negative effects other than making the tank walls look speckled?

Here's a pic of one in my tank. They're so small, they literally look like a white dot on the glass.

IMG_0065.jpg

I want to add... I'm not just looking for an answer. I'm also looking to see what everyone thinks of them in general. From the 'Ehh, they're nothing to worry about' to the 'OMG get those out of your tank now!' type thoughts.

Last edited:

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an outbreak of the ones that look like little threads. Everyone was like "!!!!!!" and a few people said they'd just die down. There are only about 10 now and they don't do much at all. Not sure about the wagon wheeled ones though.

OP
OP
mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... only one reply in almost 24 hours. I'd have thought many more people had opinions on this.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the brown ones they pop up everywhere use tooth brush if they bother coral otherwise the
Ey don't bother me too much

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back