Hydroids... Bad or indifferent?

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
0
Location
Lexington, Ky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what people think about hydroids... specifically the ones that look like wagon wheels. Seems everyone has a different opinion. I have them in my tank, but as I've seen a lot of people say, they go away in time. They have definitely started going down in numbers. Are there any negative effects other than making the tank walls look speckled?

Here's a pic of one in my tank. They're so small, they literally look like a white dot on the glass.

IMG_0065.jpg



I want to add... I'm not just looking for an answer. I'm also looking to see what everyone thinks of them in general. From the 'Ehh, they're nothing to worry about' to the 'OMG get those out of your tank now!' type thoughts.
 
Last edited:
I had an outbreak of the ones that look like little threads. Everyone was like "!!!!!!" and a few people said they'd just die down. There are only about 10 now and they don't do much at all. Not sure about the wagon wheeled ones though.
 
Wow... only one reply in almost 24 hours. I'd have thought many more people had opinions on this.
 
I have the brown ones they pop up everywhere use tooth brush if they bother coral otherwise the
Ey don't bother me too much
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new