Azurel's tank rebirth a 60g cube

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after taking down the 40g that I have had up for 6 years my final tank set-up has been completed, although not all the rock is set yet and corals haven't been placed.

Every good plan has set backs as well as this one did, after 8 hrs of tear down of the old tank and placement of corals in rubbermaid tubs in the basement everything seems to be doing fine except my Sunset monti frags and colony of which I might be or have lost. I also fouled 75% of my live rock that I was wanting to place from the old tank.

I didn't realize till Wed that the outlet in the basement that I had the liverock bin powerheads plugged into was connected to the light switch upstairs, which also by the way everytime we came up from the basement was turned off ended up fouling the whole bin of live rock so now I have to re-cure the live rock which is a set back of sorts. But I still have quite a bit I can use to get me by till then.....So without further adue here are some pics of the tank that had me stressed out for 3 1/2 days....

DSCN1255.jpg

DSCN1258.jpg

DSCN1259.jpg

DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1260.jpg

DSCN1262.jpg

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Awesome!!! When are u moving everything over?

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly over the next few days, I still have to build a light rack for it so I can have my lights.....I plan on building a final one probably in the next week.....So far no real losses other then the possiable loss of the Sunset which hurts pretty bad. It is completely white right now there does seem to be a bit of color left but it is faint.....Hopefully I can save it...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea can't wait to see it full! Great tank bro! What are the dimensions?

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank guys......They are 24''x24''x24'' with a 10g sump, I have lost a few special rhodactus that I had. These one were so touchy anyway, I still have the mother shroom that get about the size of a soft ball......Other then that everything seems to be going smoothly......Started to transfer some coral tonight still have to build the light rack still.....

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't worry about the sunset if you lose it, i got a frag ready with your name on it! :)

with only a 10g sump, what kind of skimmer do you plan on running?

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Al I appreciate that......I will for now continue to use my Aqua-C Remora since I can upgrade at some point cause with this tank I have a bit more flexabilty then my other one. The Aqua-C is rated for like 100g but will probably have to upgrade at some point at the end of the year....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have most everything in that tank now, although the rock work isn't nowhere near done or the way I want it. That will have to wait till the other rock finishes curing.......I lost quite a few zoas and palys in the transistion, some of my good ones some I had for other people. No trades will be impacted though since I really didn't have any going so that is good. Still hate losing things though.... Didn't lose any ricordea at all either Floridas or Yumas so that is the best part.....I will have some pics soon.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did that purple tricolor i gave you make it?

Yea it made it just fine, little browned out but should be fine.....I did lose my Sunset and Sunset frags....So I might PM you about that frag of yours you got......

I lost about 40% of my Zs and Ps......Which can be replaced over time......Everything else is looking good though which I am happy about. House is finally ready for the adoption inspection so that is good.

Luciano the Light set up is my 250w 14k Hamilton and 2x24w T-5 UVI super actinics which I don't have on yet......The MH and reflector really better suits this tank then my old one as there are no real shadow spots and the whole tank is getting light.....I do have some pics I just have to upload them....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a slightly updated pic, I still have about 30lbs of liverock curing so things will change a bit from this....The ricordea have since been removed from the containers as well.....
DSCN1263.jpg

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your idea of just having sand in the front. Semi-BB :) Looks good!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I forgot to even mention that........Yea I tried that with my old tank in a different way and it didn't work so much. This time I silicone a piece of glass a little short of halfway and filled it to about 1/4'' maybe slightly higher with live sand. This way I can PH the detritus off the bottom and I don't have that crap building up under the rocks and still have the benefit of the sand to put stuff on........I need more rock though I don't even think the rock I have curing will be enough. I would like to get some shelve pieces........I'll take some pics tomorrow, I picked up a rock with really great Yumas on it. There must be 10 polyps on this thing, the price was real sweet as well.....That's why I love the shop I deal with and they only get my money locally.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank blow out.....

Well the tank I just set up just blew the front panel about an hour ago......So needless to say All my live stock is again in bins in the basement.....I have no idea why it blew out like it did. I used a level to make sure that it was flush.....The front panel cracked from the top to the let corner. Needless to say the bang sound that it made was quite an earful......Now I am waiting on to see if they will cover it under warranty.....Let hope for my sake as the 60g or so of water on the brand new carpet has the wifey all up set to say the least and then all the hard work that I put into this thing the last 2 weeks for nothing.....Please pray for a good out come.....Just though I would share and settle the nerves right now.....:(

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back