Azurel's tank rebirth a 60g cube

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the new tank is working out for you! I've never heard of a tank blowing out like that. That is a real shame on so many levels!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this the tank with all the rics in it?

Well it had all my rics in it but this was my new tank 25''x'25''x25''.......SO far so good, I got everything a bit more level then it was, but this time as I fill it I am going to check the level of it as I go. This way if there is a major shift then I will catch it first.....The Great lakes warehouse was really great to deal with and they are a good bunch of guys...I would recommend them to anyone looking for a tank at a really great price....But this thread is not about a plug so I will stop there......

I should have water in it by tomorrow afternoon and stuff back in by Sunday evening I think...If not Sunday I am pretty sure it will be Monday at the latest.....I guess now I can aqua-scape like I wanted to with all the live rock instead of having to wait for half of it to cure.......So that will be nice and help speed up the process some as well.....

Thanks Guys and Gal......I will replace the Zs and Ps over the summer months and fall....I hate losing my Rubyreds, NG,PDs ect.....Ooh and my Sunset monti but I already have a replacement coming for that....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marcel, I got the new one filled with water yesterday and sand today will be rock, and hopefully Mon corals......I have been so nervous with this thing, not to say this one looks like it will do that or anything but just paranoid now that it has happened.....I definitely took a few more precautions with this one this time......

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your tank James. I've never heard of a tank just blowing out. Good luck with the new one. Send me a pm with a list of what zoas and palys you lost and I'll see if I have extra frags of them to give you.

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry to hear this! Hope this tank works out better and that your stuff that you were able to salvage was ok.

robinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW JG,that is a very thoughtful thing to do for a fellow reefer!Kudos to you.It is so nice to see good things happening for someone in need.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also have zoas and palys for you I can frag. ;)

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys and gals for the support...I got the new one up and filled with rock the last 2 days....For some reason I just fell better about this one, not sure if I rushed everything last time and didn't take enough care as it was almost a year I had been wanting to do this type of tank.....So when the green flag fell I was off and running. So I don't know if I missed a warning sign or not. But I can tell you that this time I measured water levels and made sure it was flush after every 10g......It is looking good and I was able to aqua scape more towards what I wanted that I didn't do the first time....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Rock got placed in today as well as a few corals like my Pagoda and my SPS, tomorrow I will put in the rest of the rics and what palys I have left, not sure which ones I have any more....I hope I saved my Strawberry wines the most though out of what I saved or had live after the switch over......all of my rics are safe though:). Check this out though here is an ironic story for you guys....

3 days before the incident I bought a really bad butt rock of Yumas that has really bright gold metallic highlights. Well I acclimated them, placed them in what seemed to be a good spot in the tank. Well they looked OK but not killer if you know what I mean. So today I go down stairs and getting stuff to place in the tank tonight so I figure I will take a look at the Yumas. Well they are opened and brighter then they were at the store or in the other tank. I'm like what the heck? Have a tank crack and leak all over, place you into a Rubbermaid bin with less then adequate filtration and some pretty high flow and you guys are looking absolutely fabulous.....Go figure, this just lead to the confusion over Yumas in my book. So now I'm like shoot I can't keep you in there like that forever, hopefully they will transfer over and do the same thing in the new tank......I have a good feeling about this tank and I honestly think it will be the best one I have had yet in 24 years.....Will have pics tomorrow once the lights go on it....I got the live rock just the way I wanted it as well.....Tomorrow I will start a new tank thread and merge these 2 together.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you as well Rev for the offer......

Well I got the rest of the corals placed today and they all opened up in about an hour and looking good.....I left a PPE polyp out on the tank rail for about 45 min, it fell off the frag plug that it was on with the others....I was so mad I put it in the tank right next to the other ones and to my surprise it opened up in about 30 min, got lucky there....

I didn't clean the glass for these pics I was so sick of having my hand in the tank I skipped it this time....I'm sure I will have pics with clean glass in the next few days....

Frontside
DSCN1322-1.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1327.jpg

Leftside
DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

Rightside
DSCN1326.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some updates coming to this thread as well as some new pics of additions. I will be re-aquascaping again. The last posted pic is really old compared to what it lookslike right now.

I have 4 clams added about 80 rics and a few other corals. 50lbs of BRS shelf rock coming for the change.

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing some updated pictures.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back