OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I didn't......I still want to get one at some point......

Update

Added Reef Brites in place of T-5s for actinic supplimentation....Also added a Ice Cap reef Illuminations Led moonlight tube. I have also set up a 3 teir lighting regimine.....I also got over the past week besides the new lighting I got a 5 stage RO/DI system from air, water and ice.....Making the first batch of water right now.....First test of the system is 0 tds which my tap water is around 500ppm and the LFS water is not as clean as I thought either. So going from all of that to pure clean water I just might make this algea war a final battle I can win.....I plan on with this new batch of water using the new B-ionic salt. So interesting things happening with my tank....

Orange/Gold anchor is doing great and getting big....It is opening up about twice as big as the intial pics.....

I also seperated the Big momma clam and mini me....the big one was starting to shade the little one....The seperation went great and both clams have taken it well....The little one has some great growth going.....I can't wait to see it get big and what the color pattern will be when it grows up......

Will get some pics....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have some hand made pillars coming in from Scott at Alternativereef....Should be here Thursday, not sure when I will put them in. I might wait to see if the cleaner water kills off this algea and once that is gone use them then....I would hate to use them and get covered in algea.....That would suck.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I got the pillars and they are een better then the pics lead them to be....So I couldn't use both as the base was to big......I used the top one which worked out great.....I have also picked up a couple of rarer rics again from Coralmorphologic and a gold torch from Diversden which one head has melted and came down with brown jelly. I also have a infestation of red flat worms that I thought I had beaten but after the big aquascape they have come back in full force. Now I am looking for some blue velvet nudis....

So first I had Ricordea Valley and the valley lead to the fields of ricordea and now we have Ricordea Mountain.....This will be the final version since a bunch have been glued to the pillar....
DSCN2984.jpg

The back side also has some on it.....I didn't get a pics of those though...

DSCN3003.jpg

DSCN3001.jpg

DSCN2994.jpg

DSCN2993.jpg

DSCN2975.jpg

DSCN2977.jpg

Three new ones from Coralmorphologic the second being a freebie...
DSCN2978.jpg

DSCN2979.jpg

DSCN2980.jpg

DSCN2982.jpg

DSCN2990.jpg

DSCN2989.jpg

I need to find those nudis and soon.....LFS is supposed to have some this week I guess....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last ditch effort will be Flatworm exit but I really don't want to use chemI don't really want to add another fish other then some anthias and a mandarin. Although I have heard they will eat them as well so that might be a possibility.

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Close-Ups.
Very Nice color combination on there Ricordea.

edwing206

Visca el Barça!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! You have one of the best ricordea collections I've seen.
Have you tried a wrasse for the flatworms? I know you said you didn't want any other fish besides anthias or a mandarin but I'd be more inclined to add a fish than use chemicals. I'd try a wrasse in the Halichoeres genus. A melenarus would be a good choice. Plus they are amazing looking fish to boot!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Edwin.....I might end up doing that I just can't take it no more.....Another update it looks like my Gold Aussie torch is getting brown jelly infection. Lost one head so far dipped in Melafix Marine the last couple days. Now the second head looks like it might be starting to get it.....I am going to pick up some tincture of Iodine tomorrow from work and make a dip of that. Much stronger than regular iodine sold and about the same thing as Lugol's....Hopefully it will kill it off before I lose the whole thing. I e-mailed Dr. F&S and they responded to keep them updated but that was before one head was completely lost not another so sent another e-mail tonight.....Still have 4 days left on the gaurentee so all in all I shouldn't lose out on the money but that does nothing for my disappointment in losing most of an awesome coral.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I bet it keeps you busy

How many tanks do you have?

Thanks AC.....Just one tank as that is all I have room for and the wife will let me have in the living room......I could do some in the basement but I don't go down there often enough to set anything up.....I would end up forgetting about it.....It keeps me busy but nothing more then the next guys tank. It would keep me less busy if I didn't have an algea issue and the Red flat worm farm....I will be selling select Red flatworms if there is any interest... They are rare deep water Aussie japanese morphs....LOL.

Once I get a Orange or Reg Frogspawn Wall coral and a Full orange hammer/anchor I will be done other then ricordea.....I will never be done with ricordea well maybe some Zs and Ps as well.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some pics of the new Euphyllias I got in....
This one is pretty sweet, here is a crappy pic of it not fully open yet....
DSCN3017.jpg

Here is a pic or 2 of the Torch
DSCN3018.jpg

DSCN3019.jpg

DSCN3020.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Haitian Florida ricordea.....They have to color back up a bit though, but look to be super hot once colored back up if they all look like one of the full colored polyps that fell off...

DSCN3005.jpg

DSCN3006.jpg

DSCN3008.jpg

Updated pic of Mini me(bad pic)
DSCN3016.jpg

Updated pics of ricordea
DSCN3007.jpg

DSCN3009.jpg

DSCN3010.jpg

DSCN3013.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some nice additions, you added to your tank.

It looks as if your Ricordea Shrimp has changed color.

Is the Torch a Aussie ?

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some nice additions, you added to your tank.

It looks as if your Ricordea Shrimp has changed color.

Is the Torch a Aussie ?

Yea all Gold torches as far as I know are Aussie.......The Frogspawn isn't fully open yet but really settleing fine. I am done with center pieces....I wanted toget about 5-6 center piece corals and then fill in around them with palys and zoas......Plus my collection of ricordea is the main focal point. Once these LPS grow in the tank should be spectacular. There is a Scoly at the LFS I might get depending on price and if he will work with me.....But it is all coming along nice since the re-aquascapeing.

The shrimp like I said when we were on the phone has changed a little bit...It has gotten a more red tint to it. Not sure if it is eating Ref flatworms or not it could also be cyclop-eeze to maybe. Those are the only things that are red that he could eat.....It definantly not as clear as it used to be.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.......

I got 2 super hot new clams today.......They will be revealed later or tomorrow as I am not taking any chances with them......They are of a rare type, but alas not a Blue Squamosa.....But blue none the less. ;)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.......

I got 2 super hot new clams today.......They will be revealed later or tomorrow as I am not taking any chances with them......They are of a rare type, but alas not a Blue Squamosa.....But blue none the less. ;)
awesome man... looking forward to seeing the eye candy... :)

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics......First is one of My new Blue Teardrop Maximas.....The nice thing about them is they are both differant the other one has alot more blue Teardrops in it.....Will have toget pics of that later today.
DSCN3068.jpg

Here is the best pic yet of the colors and patteren of my Mini me clam....
DSCN3067.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back