Azurel's tank rebirth a 60g cube

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang man this is terrible! Is your corals going to be ok?

Wishing you the best bro!

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks AZ-there will be better reef days ahead but be glad no one was injured from the sounds of it.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow James.. I'm very sorry to hear about the mishap... I hope everything works out well for you..

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys,

Great lakes Aquariums made the tank.....I just got done today placing the last of the live rock I had to place and the tank was looking by far the best I have had. I even got a new fish coming some time this week Redhead elegant pseudochromis and had some corals coming as well this week hopefully I can postpone the corals though.....So that sucks as well, I am still getting the fish though as I have been looking for one for quite a few months.....Yea I sent them a PM as they are a sponsor on another forum that I frequent. Now I just wait and see what happens.....I just don't get what made it do that though.....Maybe one of those things, the one thing I was concerned about the most with the wife was getting the carpet wet from overflowing the sump or something.....LOL. Nothing I could do about this though, thankfully she is understanding so I guess I am blessed that way....Either way I will have a new one up and operating in the next week at the longest....To much money in corals and rarities to just let them die in a dang Rubbermaid bin.........I will lose about 90% of my Zs and Ps though, which I can get back at some point probably much cheaper then I did the first time around....Thanks for the concern guys I appreciate it much......

sr71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude that sucks, good luck with the manufacture hope they come through for you.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They replied and will replace it with no cost involved so that is good or even a warranty that the way I had it set up it shouldn't have done that.....I just have to call them tomorrow.....I do appreciate a company that stands behind their product like that....I was happy with the quality of their product so I will get another one.....

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this, James. It is amazing that they'll stand behind it. One of the semi local vendors to me doesn't offer any warranty that I am aware of. Hope it all turns out better for you in the long run.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(

how did you get the carpet cleaned up?

Most of the water was saved in buckets from the spout of water pouring out of the tank. The water that spilled onto the carpet went right thru to the basement and through the old hardwood floor.....We took a wet dry vac and sucked up what we could and have a fan on it and a dehumidifier going on right now as well.....The carpet actually looks pretty good and still has the new carpet smell to it. My wifes Mom's friend does carpet cleaning on the side so we are goinhg to have him come over and clean it this week....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after the disaster the other night I will have to restart this thread with the new set-up. The place I got the tank from will be replacing the tank and stand so I start all new and fresh. Should only take a day to have the new one up and operating since everything has been built and ready to go......All live rock will be placed that same day as will corals......I still plan on having a small piece of glass seperating the sand and rock. When the front payne broke it also split the 2'' piece of glass I had siliconed in to seperate the sand and rock as well. So I can't imagin the pressure that was relesed....If I don't do glass I will do plastic of some sort....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welll I have talked to them a couple of times and they are going to replace the tank and stand both. I just have to take them the old stuff and exchange it for the new stuff. Which is fine with me as I have traveled that path once before....So once they get the stand for me I will be road tripping and getting the new set up....

R

reef-nut

View Badges
I am sorry, I would cry for a month! I have never heard of that happening. That scares me. Who made the tank? I will never buy one of them

Kate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwwwwwwwwww, what a terrible thing! :( I'm so glad you got another one! :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back