OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that sucks is looking at how clean it was and the algea that I have now.......

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well got my 50lbs of shelf rock in.....Good looking rock it came as 6 pieces of rock. One piece is a full coral head about 24"x20".....Wish I hada bigger tank so I could use it as it is....ButI got some ideas for it.....Will gt some pics of the rocks...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update........

Thursday Was the day for aquascaping nd it took most of the day and a bunch of stress....But it turned out well I think now 2 days later.....I Still have somethings to clean up and work out but should work out nicely. I have less rock now then I did and I also got rd of about 80% of the rock that had algea problems....Still have a bit of bubble algea on Te over flow but ill clean that off in due time....
Here are some FTS of it before....
DSCN2650.jpg

DSCN2413.jpg

Here it is now.....Still have to move some SPS around...
DSCN2806.jpg

DSCN2802.jpg

From the left side with the pillar I made..
DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

Big Maxima w/mini me
DSCN2817.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

Squammies
The big Squam
DSCN2832.jpg

DSCN2615.jpg

Little Squam #1
DSCN2838.jpg

Little Squam #2
DSCN2800.jpg

Now for the rics.....They were in a ricorea valley but no longer, I have something special for them coming in a month or so but for now they are on the bottom....
DSCN2807.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I am mostly happy about getting rid of all that algea I had going....Now that rock is cooking in tubs in the basement....I am sure I will build another pillar for the right corner or maybe even a arch to put some SPS on.....Might even get some Florida ricordea to put around the big Maxi.

Unique

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, James! Clam is looking great and awesome collection of rics. How long have you had that anemone shrimp btw? I tried keeping one or two but they always seem to disappear on me after about a month. :(

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool James... I'm glad you're able to get the scaping done... I remember re-doing mine in Nov coz of bubble algae... :wink:

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, James! Clam is looking great and awesome collection of rics. How long have you had that anemone shrimp with? I tried keeping one or two but they always seem to disappear on me after about a month. :(

It's been about 4-5 months I have had him.....I thought he was dead the first few days cause I couldn't find him.....Has doubled in size since getting him.

Thanks Marvin between the bubble algea and caulerpa it was getting pretty invasive and growing over corals....In fact it choked out a few zoa colonies.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update Pics soon to come......

Will be adding a Reef Brite 24" bar to the tank and taking out the T-5s actinics.

I have added in the last month a large colony of Orange Anchor, large colony of Pocillopora, a bright yellow flower anemone and a Yellowheaded Jawfish. Have to recharge the camera so I should have some pics tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the corals will look like once the Reef Brite gets added on.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see ur up and running again . That's a lot of Ric's in there . I have cup coral about that big and I had to keep it clean all the time. It was a sand/detritus collector . LOL . I left mine at the lfs until I can figure out where to put it .

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be the reason I will upgrade at some point....My wife won't let me sell it, I can donate it to a public aquarium but not sell it...LOL. She won't admit that it will be the reason for an upgrade though. It's easily 12" across.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back