History/Throwbacks/Whatever...

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just digging through some old personal stuff.

anybody remember when reefbrite first hit the scene?

boy, i'm gonna regret this !!! lol :nerd::crossedlips::tongue:

[video=youtube_share;b_SYEyCy8vE]http://youtu.be/b_SYEyCy8vE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;uGjtu6hm0KU]http://youtu.be/uGjtu6hm0KU[/video]

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394293542.352563.jpg

from around the same time...this is above a 1200g display in a local restaurant. 2000g total system.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey dale! good to see you! :)

remember our good friend frank, "twinspots_goby"? i loved photographing his corals. i still have a *lot* of fun pics from back then. :D

psychadelic.jpg

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really Is fun (sometimes embarrassing) to see were we were, and how we have moved forward.
And your picture skills have only gotten better. I sure wish Frank was back. He had such great stuff.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised the Frag Caddy never really took off. Great for anyone who displays at fragsswaps. It was such a smart idea that saved a lot of time. Perhaps if it had better marketing.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to get you down to H-town to give you a tour of some nice tanks here.

OceanRevive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben,

Some pretty amazing old stuff! The photo of you in front of the tank on Feb 7th just gives me chills... It's 1:30pm here and it's 80 degrees outside (I'm in SW Florida)!

Stan at Ocean Revive

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sw florida, eh? showoff!!! :p

grrr... :)

you should see that guy's HOME tank/system. puts this public 2000g system to shame. :D

there are a lot of pretty "big boy" type systems like this right here in central illinois. they just aren't on the internet talking about it. ;)

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You take the day off due to the snow? I may be able to stop by with the camera at some point if so. Would love to shoot your tank again. Let me strap on the snow shoes for the short trek... Lol! Grrrrr...!!!!

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my reef brite light I got from you. And it still works. I am not using it........but it still works. I actually used it as a moonlight over my dart frog tank for a long time.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a lot of pretty "big boy" type systems like this right here in central illinois. they just aren't on the internet talking about it. ;)

Same up here. There are many tanks a few of us know about in the local club that we call "closet reefers" as they never come out of the woodwork, even though they have awesome systems.

I second that the frag caddy is a great idea and should have taken off. I do the same though with eggcrate and a salt bucket so maybe the ease of DIY killed it off...

Dthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You take the day off due to the snow? I may be able to stop by with the camera at some point if so. Would love to shoot your tank again. Let me strap on the snow shoes for the short trek... Lol! Grrrrr...!!!!

No I didn't! Should have. We can set something up one day for you to practice your skills. :-D

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my reef brite light I got from you. And it still works. I am not using it........but it still works. I actually used it as a moonlight over my dart frog tank for a long time.

awesome man! i remember selling one to you now that you mention it! and i remember talking about the dart frags...er, frogs. :)

Same up here. There are many tanks a few of us know about in the local club that we call "closet reefers" as they never come out of the woodwork, even though they have awesome systems.

I second that the frag caddy is a great idea and should have taken off. I do the same though with eggcrate and a salt bucket so maybe the ease of DIY killed it off...

there are a lot of "closet" reefers. i'd love to see what some of these guys have who never post. you know they're the ones first in line at the lfs when shipments come in and get all the stuff we don't. lol

No I didn't! Should have. We can set something up one day for you to practice your skills. :-D

well!!! what are you waitin' for?! i def need more practice. :)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised the Frag Caddy never really took off. Great for anyone who displays at fragsswaps. It was such a smart idea that saved a lot of time. Perhaps if it had better marketing.

There is someone on ebay selling those but they call it stackable travel size frag racks. Goes by the name Raysreef out of MN. I thought about buying a couple of racks because as you say it saves a lot of time and effort.

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! What's up, Ben! Glad to see that you are doing great! We need to have a
talk!:D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back