“Stranger Things” Sponge

LagunaGlide

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2017
Messages
731
Reaction score
385
Location
Columbus, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this crazy look sponge that looks like it fell straight out of Stranger Things. I’ve tried scraping it and siphoning it out while doing so, but it comes back and keeps spreading.

Any ID on this? Suggestions on how to eradicate it?
20260702_125257_F1915175-82C7-4A4F-9650-3198CA4F5BB6.png


20260702_125257_9C66D903-2EDE-4859-B4EF-03C3E0A6CCDE.png
 
Dont touch it, its good for your tank, but if you are hell bent on getting rid of it get a fish that likes to eat sponges like angels do, Word of caution they may eat lps corals and they become very aggressive so choose wisely and add in as last Fish to avoid the aggression
 
I’ve had aggressive growing sponge begin to take over corals. I remove it as mush as possible and stay on top of it,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new