“Weeping willow” toadstool dying?

pres10c

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some before/ after pics of my toadstool. I know it’s not a “true” weeping willow (or maybe it is idk) either way it’s one of my favorites. I’ve had it for probably 5 months. It did great from day 1, quadrupled in size and just looked great. About a week ago it started to deflate but still with its polyps partially out. It just didn’t look like usual shedding from other toadstools I’ve had over the years.

There was a couple brown pieces of sludge on it so I tried gently blowing it with a pipette, and a couple tentacles came off so I stopped. (Again, not like usual shedding).
I left it alone for a day or 2, then had to leave town for work. I have someone feeding the tank for me as I will not be back for another couple weeks. I made sure they sent daily pictures of it in hopes it would just bounce back like toadstools do. However it’s been a week or so and it just doesn’t look good. Figured id search for some help.

Bacterial infection?

Alk 8.0
Nitrate 5
Phosphate 0.06

Medium flow, medium light

Please help

0F9D56E2-927B-4C9B-8C15-C63F66009FCD.png 3626D207-0AE8-424F-A168-C85B9902A529.png 2B2F1738-8D0E-4A2D-A29D-987B61954AC5.png 94845ACB-6CB6-4A01-992B-FC6A8371971A.png
 
Hi, iodine dipbath , rinse before adding back to display , frag off any black /grey necrosis , not seeing any in pics.
 
Update: did a 30 min iodine bath yesterday.

Then today things got way worse…

Had the tank sitter Do both dips. Not much hope for it now
 

Attachments

  • E5D1F998-7D47-4F86-B3B3-BB1085D25B10.png
    E5D1F998-7D47-4F86-B3B3-BB1085D25B10.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 23507B9E-2596-448B-A556-ADC5B7F74A16.png
    23507B9E-2596-448B-A556-ADC5B7F74A16.png
    450.3 KB · Views: 147

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new