☆☆ - Official Battlecorals Fall 2023 Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In. Very confident in my current setup....we shall see what happens when I set up the new one..haha.

Have no fear! You sound just like me when we started rainbows army! I went from a 65 g to a 180 g. Transferred everything over about a week or two into the competition. Well rainbows army is still going strong. Good luck
For real though I think what worked for me is that I used new sand rinsed until I hated it. Transferred all the existing stuff except old sand, and started my lights off at 75% less intensity and increased them about 3% every couple days until I got to the place I wanted to be. Other than that I just tried to match the alk, cal, and mag to the old tank. I did not loose a single coral. That was in Feb-march.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For real though I think what worked for me is that I used new sand rinsed until I hated it. Transferred all the existing stuff except old sand, and started my lights off at 75% less intensity and increased them about 3% every couple days until I got to the place I wanted to be. Other than that I just tried to match the alk, cal, and mag to the old tank. I did not loose a single coral. That was in Feb-march.
Either way..whatever happens happens. It does bring a level of excitement with the competition. Always interested in everyone's different methods and techniques.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheReaperOfMars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Midnight, September 23rd, 2023, I officially invite you all to join the BattleCorals Fall 2023 Grow Out Contest.

Our winning selections are Corpse of Helltrollsman Man and Blue Ghost

Official Rules

All entry submissions must include a clear photo of the contest frag, next to the included BattleCorals Official Measurement Tool.

Entry may also include water parameters of Salinity, Calcium, and Alkalinity, optional parameters of Nitrate, Phosphate, and Magnesium may also be included for completeness.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the month, each month, beginning in November

Two non-consecutive months may be taken without an entry. If you plan to miss a month, notify me by PM @StatelineReefer, @Reefing102 or @BranchingHammer by the 15th of that month to avoid the reminder.

I will try remind entrants that have not submitted their offical entries by PM on the 21st of the month.

An initial 'Zero' measurement must be registered within 7 days of recieving the frag.

If your frag does not survive the initial 7 days after recieving, please contact Adam @Battlecorals, and pending availability, a replacement will be issued entirely at the discretion of Battlecorals.

Entry Fee is $100.00 USD

Shipping will be $45.00 and includes:

one (1) Corpse of Helltrollsman man OR Blue Ghost.

one (1) Custom Ruler for measuring official entries
1673763022011.png

There will probably be more goodies in your box as well, but you can guarantee that with an Add-on package!

-For just $250 more ($350 total) you can upgrade your entry with an additional 5 corals, for a total of 6, this will ship free!

-For just $300 more ($400 total) you can upgrade your entry to an 6/10 piece battlebox! that's 5 to 9 more frags sent along with your entry frag, also includes free shipping!

And once again I will be offering the Impossible Choices collection, which is one of each of the corals voted on, Blue Ghost, Bubblegum Digitata, Efflo 2.0, Acroberry, Pearly Cadaver, Nilbog Resident, Bonsai Humilis and Corpse of Helltrollsman Man, an 8 frag pack for 499.00, entry included to the contest, shipping and my gratitude included! This enters you in BOTH halves of the contest.

Post below to be entered into the contest!
Adam will send you a link to the special category for this entry.
I may be in for the Impossible Choice. @Battlecorals can I combine that with my existing $600 battlebox to cut out shipping?

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow !!! I didnt know there were going to be that kind of prizes !!! Holy shyt balls !!!!
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals my first purchase from you was the rainbow army with a battle box. If I do another box this go around, do you see what you have sent on previous orders so that I don’t get repeats?

Also for what it’s worth, Awarewolf is a super awesome grower!
IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_7900.jpeg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals my first purchase from you was the rainbow army with a battle box. If I do another box this go around, do you see what you have sent on previous orders so that I don’t get repeats?

IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_7900.jpeg
I had an awarewolf until my AC went out and my living room was a consistent 83 degrees and nitrates hit 60. It didn't survive that. Neither did my bonsai humi.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices have been updated!!! It's now even more affordable to upgrade your entry!

The SLCC pack also represents a ridiculous value at over half off individual prices on the site!!!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had an awarewolf until my AC went out and my living room was a consistent 83 degrees and nitrates hit 60. It didn't survive that. Neither did my bonsai humi.

IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_7900.jpeg

Hi there. Yes sir. I keep a record of what goes out in battleboxes that printed sheet that you guys get with your boxes are keep on file here as well. Do I screw up sometimes. Yes definitely, but most of the time I’m pretty on top of duplicates.

And, sorry to hear about the bonsai and the werewolf, I can plug in replacement for those no problem

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Yes sir. I keep a record of what goes out in battleboxes that printed sheet that you guys get with your boxes are keep on file here as well. Do I screw up sometimes. Yes definitely, but most of the time I’m pretty on top of duplicates.

And, sorry to hear about the bonsai and the werewolf, I can plug in replacement for those no problem
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Kyan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Adam, I just ordered today on your website. Is there a way I can join and include the competition piece in my order so I can save on shipping?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back