0.00 nitrate ????

Glenng78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I was having issues with Zoas dying and closing up and then a Dino outbreak. This all started after a large water change and removal of a decent amount of sand. (Big mistake)
Anyway I finally got my Hanna low range nitrate and did my first test. (No dilution)
I got a 0.00 reading. I know the reading was correct because I dosed 40 ml of ME nitrate and did a second test. 1.33 reading.
min my first test , after adding the final reagent, the water stayed crystal clear, so I guess there really was 0 nitrate. The second test turned pink after I added the second reagent.
So my question is how did I get to 0 nitrate?
What should I aim for ?
How often should I dose / test ?

OP
OP
G

Glenng78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other parameters :
Alk- 8.32
Ca- 456
Mg- 1454
Ph- 7.72
Orp- 3.75

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I was having issues with Zoas dying and closing up and then a Dino outbreak. This all started after a large water change and removal of a decent amount of sand. (Big mistake)
Anyway I finally got my Hanna low range nitrate and did my first test. (No dilution)
I got a 0.00 reading. I know the reading was correct because I dosed 40 ml of ME nitrate and did a second test. 1.33 reading.
min my first test , after adding the final reagent, the water stayed crystal clear, so I guess there really was 0 nitrate. The second test turned pink after I added the second reagent.
What should I aim for ?
By not feeding enough or by having to aggressive filtration.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I aim for ?
If your going to You should dose very little daily and also test daily. I test before I dose. Test at midnight same time my trident test other Parameters then I dose at 1 AM this way I can adjust how much I dosed from the previous day if needed depending on testing results

Back