0 harm par levels. Aesthetic only?

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

This may see like an odd question. Recently picked up a par meter. Not concerned about normal usage as there is already alot of info here and online about proper level. However I can’t find any info on my question below.

Assuming the rough base standard 50-150 lps/250-350 sps for par levels. Is there a par level below the lowest 50 par for lps outside of normal lighting cycles where lights can be left on for long periods of time where virtually 0 harm or stress occurs to corals and potentially even go as far tin even hinder algae grow in that time, essentially just being on for aesthetics reasons only in the evening.

Also just asking this because I don’t sleep much and happen to work from home so with tank being a focal point kind of an eyesore not to have the lights on even if at very very low intensity.

Thanks.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hi all

This may see like an odd question. Recently picked up a par meter. Not concerned about normal usage as there is already alot of info here and online about proper level. However I can’t find any info on my question below.

Assuming the rough base standard 50-150 lps/250-350 sps for par levels. Is there a par level below the lowest 50 par for lps outside of normal lighting cycles where lights can be left on for long periods of time where virtually 0 harm or stress occurs to corals and potentially even go as far tin even hinder algae grow in that time, essentially just being on for aesthetics reasons only in the evening.

Also just asking this because I don’t sleep much and happen to work from home so with tank being a focal point kind of an eyesore not to have the lights on even if at very very low intensity.

Thanks.
I mean you could try a moonlight setting

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back