20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Never been a big fish eater.
Halibut and rock fish were always my favorite, especially deep fried or black tip shark on the BBQ.
But I'll just have a plate of bacon....
Bacon wrapped blacktip chunks wrapped in bacon, basted in lemon butter!
 
For you southerners I want to share the joy of driving in the north during winter. Enjoy, perfect sticky snow for snow ball fights and making snowman and snow forts!
9ACA79BF-9C56-4B9C-8C4A-FD6A4C203A4E.jpeg
 
For you southerners I want to share the joy of driving in the north during winter. Enjoy, perfect sticky snow for snow ball fights and making snowman and snow forts!
9ACA79BF-9C56-4B9C-8C4A-FD6A4C203A4E.jpeg
lol I am looking at the same thing out of my window. Man I need a beach.

How did you get the Midwest reefer badge?


Good Morning Everyone!!
 
For you southerners I want to share the joy of driving in the north during winter. Enjoy, perfect sticky snow for snow ball fights and making snowman and snow forts!
We had a little in January this year, been about 6 or 7 years since
20250122_095935.jpg
 
For you southerners I want to share the joy of driving in the north during winter. Enjoy, perfect sticky snow for snow ball fights and making snowman and snow forts!

For you southerners I want to share the joy of driving in the north during winter. Enjoy, perfect sticky snow for snow ball fights and making snowman and snow forts!
9ACA79BF-9C56-4B9C-8C4A-FD6A4C203A4E.jpeg
Beautiful! Trade ya shots!
Screenshot_20250215_094526_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20250215_094547_Photos.jpg
 
Here is one for the folks who like salmon patties, I have made them the traditional way with corn meal, flour and egg.
Also tried this recipe from Bruce off the show Swamp People


Have seen folks use Zattarain's fish fry batter
 
lol I am looking at the same thing out of my window. Man I need a beach.

How did you get the Midwest reefer badge?


Good Morning Everyone!!
1000132690.jpg
1000132691.jpg
1000132692.jpg
 
Here is one for the folks who like salmon patties, I have made them the traditional way with corn meal, flour and egg.
Also tried this recipe from Bruce off the show Swamp People


Have seen folks use Zattarain's fish fry batter

Oh man I just watched that guy on YouTube!
I’m definitely trying to follow one of his recipes!
 
Last edited:
Cajun and Creole are slightly interchangeable, if you’re talking about blackening blends. Those are very much like a Nonna marinara (or gravy if you’re Northern Italian) - each family usually has a different spin on it.

Now if you’re taking about a “Cajun” spice versus a “Creole” spice blend, Cajun will be heavier on the cayenne pepper and more powdered (garlic powder, onion powder, etc) and Creole will be a bit on the savory side with a bigger granule (granulated garlic, dehydrated onion, etc).

Cajun blends are more used for grilling/blackening and Creole more so in stews, gumbos.

To add to what 00W has stated.
Oh, you speaking my language. We can be friends!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new