20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I made a simple sheet pan meal tonight, not worth mentioning, but the acans look awesome when they eat
Screenshot_20250214_191359_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250214_200622_Gallery.jpg


Lol ! Luis, it looked terrible but it was good. Long live your tsb!
;)
1000132506.jpg
 
Well....
Looks like I missed everything....
Again.
Today school was closed and it was valentines day and we had the busiest weekday we've ever had in the month of February.
 
I read they can be invasive, you might want to call an exterminator tomorrow. I had a huge problem with Tribbles (any Trekys?) that hitch hiked in and multiplied worse than aptasia in my house and I wish I had called an exterminator earlier. Good thing though they kept the Romulins away. ;)
I need some Tribbles in my life so badly!!
Oh my gosh be gosh!!!
IMG_2069.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg
 
I couldn't find lobsters, so salmon is what's going into the pasta.
1000132572.jpg
1000132579.jpg

1000132577.gif
I'm almost ashamed to admit it but salmon is one of my least favorite fish
 
We picked up some huge shiitake mushrooms and lions mane at the VA today.
This Veteran has his own mushroom business and brings fresh mushrooms for veterans at the VA hospital.
IMG_2054.jpeg
IMG_2052.jpeg
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2048.jpeg
IMG_2049.jpeg
IMG_2050.jpeg
So jealous!
 
Last edited:
Finally getting to bed I worked from 7 AM to 11 PM yesterday. I slept on a cot at the hospital last night (8 hours vacation time because of inclement weather). I worked from 7 AM until 3 PM. Then went to a Valentines Day couples night at our church. They had barbecue chicken and ribs (from a BBQ place), and potluck. After we ate they had two blackjack tables and a craps table. We weren't playing for real money. Each couple received $500 in play money to buy chips with. At the end of the night you could trade each "$250" worth of chips for a raffle ticket. My younger brother's wife won the raffle (a large box of chocolates). Catherine wasn't interested in the games, so she visited with other ladies. I played craps the whole (first time I've ever played). It was fun, but don't think I'll try to beat the casino.
 
I'm almost ashamed to admit it but salmon is one of my least favorite fish
Don't be, I also prefer a good mangrove snapper or a mutton snapper
 
Finally getting to bed I worked from 7 AM to 11 PM yesterday. I slept on a cot at the hospital last night (8 hours vacation time because of inclement weather). I worked from 7 AM until 3 PM. Then went to a Valentines Day couples night at our church. They had barbecue chicken and ribs (from a BBQ place), and potluck. After we ate they had two blackjack tables and a craps table. We weren't playing for real money. Each couple received $500 in play money to buy chips with. At the end of the night you could trade each "$250" worth of chips for a raffle ticket. My younger brother's wife won the raffle (a large box of chocolates). Catherine wasn't interested in the games, so she visited with other ladies. I played craps the whole (first time I've ever played). It was fun, but don't think I'll try to beat the casino.
Is that already in the new job position?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new