20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
What a day....
Sorry Joel, sit back and relax and catch up on what us knucklehead’s have been up to.
 
Look at this new Smorg that just randomly appeared on my reef today!
I hope he doesn’t eat my fish!!
IMG_2057.jpeg
He's there to protect!
 
Look at this new Smorg that just randomly appeared on my reef today!
I hope he doesn’t eat my fish!!
IMG_2057.jpeg
I read they can be invasive, you might want to call an exterminator tomorrow. I had a huge problem with Tribbles (any Trekys?) that hitch hiked in and multiplied worse than aptasia in my house and I wish I had called an exterminator earlier. Good thing though they kept the Romulins away. ;)
 
I read they can be invasive, you might want to call an exterminator tomorrow. I had a huge problem with Tribbles (any Trekys?) that hitch hiked in and multiplied worse than aptasia in my house and I wish I had called an exterminator earlier. Good thing though they kept the Romulins away. ;)
Star Trek Mess GIF

That's the trouble with Tribbles.
 
I read they can be invasive, you might want to call an exterminator tomorrow. I had a huge problem with Tribbles (any Trekys?) that hitch hiked in and multiplied worse than aptasia in my house and I wish I had called an exterminator earlier. Good thing though they kept the Romulins away. ;)
Speaking of strange names, what will become of Rumplestiltskin? been a long time @1ocean
 
Last edited:
Kevin said he was going south for dinner. I went souther than him! South of the Border baby!

1000006455.jpg
 
Shiittake are my favorite mushrooms next to portobello.
Same here!
To me they are of only a few that have a flavor besides winter oysters, lions mane and lobster mushrooms.
I love Lobster mushroom lobster texture and flavor. Only place I’ve ever found them was around Sylvia NC.
 
Kevin said he was going south for dinner. I went souther than him! South of the Border baby!

1000006455.jpg
Let's go Tim, what did you order?
 
Cajun and Creole are slightly interchangeable, if you’re talking about blackening blends. Those are very much like a Nonna marinara (or gravy if you’re Northern Italian) - each family usually has a different spin on it.

Now if you’re taking about a “Cajun” spice versus a “Creole” spice blend, Cajun will be heavier on the cayenne pepper and more powdered (garlic powder, onion powder, etc) and Creole will be a bit on the savory side with a bigger granule (granulated garlic, dehydrated onion, etc).

Cajun blends are more used for grilling/blackening and Creole more so in stews, gumbos.

To add to what 00W has stated.
My favorite is sour dough bread and eat it with shrimp creole. Is a saucey shrimp and rice dish my favorite!!
But I add shiitake mushrooms to it!
 
Omg ( that’s oh my god for you older reefers and oh my gosh for Amanda), will you be my personal chef, I’ll pay you In birdsnest frags?
 
Omg ( that’s oh my god for you older reefers and oh my gosh for Amanda), will you be my personal chef, I’ll pay you In birdsnest frags?
I accept, Also Heineken and good conversations!!!
 
Omg ( that’s oh my god for you older reefers and oh my gosh for Amanda), will you be my personal chef, I’ll pay you In birdsnest frags?
Does he still have to pick them up locally?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new