Ick on hippo tang?

Is this considered acceptable? Have heater going, currently working on salinity, bubble filter and wave maker. Roughly ~15 gal currently.
20260926_231602_59C489E6-B04E-45DB-9287-1CD360644981.png

Sorry - I was offline overnight. I still think that the diagnosis is kind of open here - ich versus flukes. I went back and looked at the pics and video and I’m leaning towards flukes based on your report of frequent scratching with the fish.
Unfortunately no good news. Hepatus was in QT with prazipro, and seemed to be doing okay for a couple of days. Woke up this morning and she is no longer around. Going to keep QT tank up for any newcomers down the road. Again I can’t express how appreciative I am for all the help. Unsure of the official diagnosis, i had my LFS saying ich, another hobbyist friend saying flukes, so absolutely unsure of what the root cause was. I’ve been monitoring all my other fish, none of which have any spots, discoloration or out-of-the-blue habits of any concern. I double-checked the wrasse and they are spot-free. I’m pretty sure my camera was just picking up small salt patches on the glass that I just couldn’t see.
 
Unfortunately no good news. Hepatus was in QT with prazipro, and seemed to be doing okay for a couple of days. Woke up this morning and she is no longer around. Going to keep QT tank up for any newcomers down the road. Again I can’t express how appreciative I am for all the help. Unsure of the official diagnosis, i had my LFS saying ich, another hobbyist friend saying flukes, so absolutely unsure of what the root cause was. I’ve been monitoring all my other fish, none of which have any spots, discoloration or out-of-the-blue habits of any concern. I double-checked the wrasse and they are spot-free. I’m pretty sure my camera was just picking up small salt patches on the glass that I just couldn’t see.

Sorry to hear.

Maybe it wasn’t clear in my article, but praziquantel is reef safe and is dosed in your display, not a QT (unless you are quarantining new fish). That way, you don’t have to stress the fish by moving them, and all exposed fish get treated.
 
Unfortunately no good news. Hepatus was in QT with prazipro, and seemed to be doing okay for a couple of days. Woke up this morning and she is no longer around. Going to keep QT tank up for any newcomers down the road. Again I can’t express how appreciative I am for all the help. Unsure of the official diagnosis, i had my LFS saying ich, another hobbyist friend saying flukes, so absolutely unsure of what the root cause was. I’ve been monitoring all my other fish, none of which have any spots, discoloration or out-of-the-blue habits of any concern. I double-checked the wrasse and they are spot-free. I’m pretty sure my camera was just picking up small salt patches on the glass that I just couldn’t see.

Sorry to hear.

Maybe it wasn’t clear in my article, but praziquantel is reef safe and is dosed in your display, not a QT (unless you are quarantining new fish). That way, you don’t have to stress the fish by moving them, and all exposed fish get treated.
Yeah my confusion was the unknown of if it was possibly flukes or ich, so I just QT’d and if I saw no improvement, I was going to then try the copper treatment, figured it would’ve been easier. Now I definitively know that if I suspect flukes, I can treat DT, ich is QT and leave DT fallow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new