LPS/Softy QT Question

Mr.BobDobalina

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to purchase some frags and am wondering if it is ok to use 2 week old tank water to fill the QT tank? Is this water too "young" to use? My goal is to put frags in DT by week of Thanksgiving.

Brand new tank currently going through ugly phase. TY
 
Why not just use new water to fill the frag tank?
 
Why not just use new water to fill the frag tank?
I don't know lol. I know it's not a QT for fish so ammonia, etc aren't going to knock it out, but I was unsure if new water going through full cycle would be worse?
 
I don't know lol. I know it's not a QT for fish so ammonia, etc aren't going to knock it out, but I was unsure if new water going through full cycle would be worse?
New clean water is just that, new clean water.
Were you planning on using any kind of biological filtration? Maybe a couple pieces of live rock? Without fish it won't need much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new