20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Is this even PG-13?
The most beautiful creature god ever made! Puts kittens and puppies to shame! It was in my wife’s nightstand before I put it in my tank!
 
Hi Rock, long time no talk. I'm doing well, real well in fact.

My tank, not so much although this morning my wife and I were talking about the display tank and we figure at today's prices for Aiptasia to feed Berghia farms, we have around ten grand worth of Aiptasia rock.

We're discussing a new aquascape and then use the existing display rocks for a newer, bigger, Berghia farm, we have at least a hundred or so Berghia right now and I think we could easily expand that many fold and still have ample Aiptasia to sustain it. Then if I can start swapping Berghia for frags.

We have fifteen Peppermints in the display tank just to keep the sand relatively clear. They can keep up but not making enough progress to really matter.
What an epic adventure my friend!!
Super stoked for you. You have always been an inspiration for me.
If I had Aptasia, I’d buy your mean, fuzzy white bergs to eradicate the alien invasion
 
The most beautiful creature god ever made! Puts kittens and puppies to shame! It was in my wife’s nightstand before I put it in my tank!
Now that’s funny!! 🤣🤣
 
I do like horse radish but I don’t like the sauce that they put on them
Thousand Island? Not a fan. I don't really do pickles which is funny because I actually love vinegar.
 
Hi Rock, long time no talk. I'm doing well, real well in fact.

My tank, not so much although this morning my wife and I were talking about the display tank and we figure at today's prices for Aiptasia to feed Berghia farms, we have around ten grand worth of Aiptasia rock.

We're discussing a new aquascape and then use the existing display rocks for a newer, bigger, Berghia farm, we have at least a hundred or so Berghia right now and I think we could easily expand that many fold and still have ample Aiptasia to sustain it. Then if I can start swapping Berghia for frags.

We have fifteen Peppermints in the display tank just to keep the sand relatively clear. They can keep up but not making enough progress to really matter.
To add to my other post.
Please Smorg, let’s tip our hats and curtsy to the Berghia king!
 
Thousand Island? Not a fan. I don't really do pickles which is funny because I actually love vinegar.
Thank you Tim , everyone else thinks I’m bad for not wanting thousand island sauce on my sandwich .
 
Thank you Tim , everyone else thinks I’m bad for not wanting thousand island sauce on my sandwich .
That's alright. Everyone respects my opinion. Except on this one probably.
 
The most beautiful creature god ever made! Puts kittens and puppies to shame! It was in my wife’s nightstand before I put it in my tank!
My wife’s nightstand has power tools, household utensils and gadgets to summon demons on top of an industrial size barrel of coconut oil
 
My wife’s nightstand has power tools, household utensils and gadgets to summon demons on top of an industrial size barrel of coconut oil
Yep, she’s a keeper!
 
My wife’s nightstand has power tools, household utensils and gadgets to summon demons on top of an industrial size barrel of coconut oil
That must be a Michigan thing lol!! 😆
 
That's alright. Everyone respects my opinion. Except on this one probably.
We usually…sometimes… more times than not…on occasion…. Respect your opinion.
I’m kidding my friend. I respect you and look up to you.
 
That must be a Michigan thing lol!! 😆
Oh Coral… you can’t tell me you don’t have a DITD!
Please don’t make me spell that out
 
My wife’s nightstand has power tools, household utensils and gadgets to summon demons on top of an industrial size barrel of coconut oil
1791249846398.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new