00W's AIO Smorgasbord

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
20240613_185506.jpg
Zucchini bake.
Deconstructed stuffed Zucchini :) :oops:
Dinner's getting boring....
If it makes you feel better all I had was Wendy's.

OP
OP
00W

00W

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remi, you’ve been so quiet- how you been doing?
Hi all, hope you are all good, specially Jennifer, wish all the best for next week. I am doing fine, it is summer here so a lot less outside activities. The tank is doing ok too. I added 2 fishes, 1 blue gudgeon dartfish loved the color on white spectrum even if my tank is more blue, he is very shy and settle well in the tank since 1 month. The other is more a bet as he is very finicky it is a royal pencil wrasse, no aggressivity when he is out but food will complicated, he is here since a lit bit more than 2 weeks. I am thinking to add the last one which is a flame hawkfish but I am a bit afraid with the tailspot. Otherwise no disease, no algae, a little bit of ugly phase on the sand but it is disappearing, still fighting high nitrate and high phosphate.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, hope you are all good, specially Jennifer, wish all the best for next week. I am doing fine, it is summer here so a lot less outside activities. The tank is doing ok too. I added 2 fishes, 1 blue gudgeon dartfish loved the color on white spectrum even if my tank is more blue, he is very shy and settle well in the tank since 1 month. The other is more a bet as he is very finicky it is a royal pencil wrasse, no aggressivity when he is out but food will complicated, he is here since a lit bit more than 2 weeks. I am thinking to add the last one which is a flame hawkfish but I am a bit afraid with the tailspot. Otherwise no disease, no algae, a little bit of ugly phase on the sand but it is disappearing, still fighting high nitrate and high phosphate.
I imagine it’s quite hot now, so indoors make sense.
You have some beautiful fish it sounds like. Would love some photos but understand those fish are difficult to capture. Do you have an acclimation box! Highly recommended especially for introducing that flame hawkfish. You can DIY if you can’t source one. I use mine fir Every new fish introduction.

Sounds like you tank is doing good, if you want any help on nit/phos, the group here will gladly advise.

Stay cool and please do send photos and keep in touch - we miss you!

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine it’s quite hot now, so indoors make sense.
You have some beautiful fish it sounds like. Would love some photos but understand those fish are difficult to capture. Do you have an acclimation box! Highly recommended especially for introducing that flame hawkfish. You can DIY if you can’t source one. I use mine fir Every new fish introduction.

Sounds like you tank is doing good, if you want any help on nit/phos, the group here will gladly advise.

Stay cool and please do send photos and keep in touch - we miss you!
No acclimation box, normally fishes are peaceful. As you can see they swim together. For nitrate, it a bit high but I don't feed too much there is no extra left, change sock weekly and water change a good 10% weekly too. Phosphate I am assuming it is the rock leaching, it has been very high since beginning.

Attachments

• IMG_20240614_143516.jpg
    IMG_20240614_143516.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20240614_143419.jpg
    IMG_20240614_143419.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
00W

00W

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No acclimation box, normally fishes are peaceful. As you can see they swim together. For nitrate, it a bit high but I don't feed too much there is no extra left, change sock weekly and water change a good 10% weekly too. Phosphate I am assuming it is the rock leaching, it has been very high since beginning.
Looking good Remi!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh Remi! That’s a perfect fish family photo!

Kevin and Luis - you have major competition!

I figured you had everything under control- your no newbie like me, just wanted to remind you we are here even with the big time zone issue.

Sometimes i think the acclaimston box is more for my comfort then the fish- but all the major fish vendors highly recommend and you never know what personality your gonna get - like the knife-weilding tailspot blenny who took on a mature soho tang and won! lol

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back