IMG_0747.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys!
Super weird busy busy day I was not expecting.
And I had to make NACHOS!!:star-struck:
Why u apologizing?

And this whole week has been craaazy. I think a lot of us rode the emotional and life roller coaster!

I hope you all get a break this weekend and Joel, I hope the crazies don’t come out in droves for you. To clarify, I want you to be busy and make the moola, but can we please just have customers that don’t ask for Frakkking substitutions!

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why u apologizing?

And this whole week has been craaazy. I think a lot of us rode the emotional and life roller coaster!

I hope you all get a break this weekend and Joel, I hope the crazies don’t come out in droves for you. To clarify, I want you to be busy and make the moola, but can we please just have customers that don’t ask for Frakkking substitutions!
Thank you Jennifer.
People don't really understand all I go through back there.
I've cooked every meal for 8 years here, many more in my career and lately it's been a bit rough with the modifications to everything.
What I've never understood is that there is a menu in front of you.
If you don't want what's on it, why are you here?
I don't go into a ford dealership and demand a Ferrari, they'd tell me to get lost, that's the nice version.
Just griping. Sorry.
Restaurants seem to fall into some weird special category of business.
I mean they come in and THRASH the place. Just saying.

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Amy found a temporary spot.
I didn't touch her.
I'm sure she'll move again but I don't have any sand right now so hopefully petco has some tomorrow.
I knew I made her mad on Monday when I changed the direction of the flow.
She likes hardly any.
20240329_202337.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you Jennifer.
People don't really understand all I go through back there.
I've cooked every meal for 8 years here, many more in my career and lately it's been a bit rough with the modifications to everything.
What I've never understood is that there is a menu in front of you.
If you don't want what's on it, why are you here?
I don't go into a ford dealership and demand a Ferrari, they'd tell me to get lost, that's the nice version.
Just griping. Sorry.
Restaurants seem to fall into some weird special category of business.
I mean they come in and THRASH the place. Just saying.
"Hey, I really like the idea of this hot dog you have on the menu. Can I get that without the toppings or the bread, change the hot dog to a baked chicken breast with sport pepper and some chili lime seasoning. I'd like a side of broccoli steamed with some melted cheese. What kind of cheese do you have?"....."Well that's great but I'd really like white cheddar, extra sharp - not yellow. You can make that happen, right? And for the same price as the hot dog and french fries you have listed?"

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Hey, I really like the idea of this hot dog you have on the menu. Can I get that without the toppings or the bread, change the hot dog to a baked chicken breast with sport pepper and some chili lime seasoning. I'd like a side of broccoli steamed with some melted cheese. What kind of cheese do you have?"....."Well that's great but I'd really like white cheddar, extra sharp - not yellow. You can make that happen, right? And for the same price as the hot dog and french fries you have listed?"
We're you in yesterday?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I’m allergic to all nuts; do you have them in the kitchen?!?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What am I doing up so late? Wife is snoring and my daughter took her bed. Going to try and sleep it out on the recliner. Today I will be helping my daughter and her fiancé finish their move into their new house. Earlier this week she asked me if I was off on Saturday. I thought, my daughter wants to do something fun with her dad, we haven’t done that in a long time. I said absolutely I’m off! She said good, we need help moving into our new house :angry-face: .

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What am I doing up so late? Wife is snoring and my daughter took her bed. Going to try and sleep it out on the recliner. Today I will be helping my daughter and her fiancé finish their move into their new house. Earlier this week she asked me if I was off on Saturday. I thought, my daughter wants to do something fun with her dad, we haven’t done that in a long time. I said absolutely I’m off! She said good, we need help moving into our new house :angry-face: .
Oh Kev…
If anyone needed some good REM sleep it would be you!

I have to chuckle though, as I had a similar experience with my daughter yesterday. So last week I had asked if she wanted to go to this new salon’s grand opening- just thought a mom/daughter girly outing would be nice since she’s had back-to-back pregnancies and has been in not feeling/looking great mode for 2 yrs. So the day arrives, I’m of course all excited cause we know I don’t get out for anything lately, and she say’s “is this something you really want to do.? Like we will be there for like 20 minutes and you don’t need products cause you’re bald and I already have stuff. It’s really not my thing. But if you wanted to go get a nice lunch and have drinks that would be fun and we should plan that”

SMH…

‘Ok, sure sweetie, I just was thinking of something to make you feel feminine and fun; but I would love to have a girl’s night with good food and libations.’

And now the part that’s relevant to your story… my daughter an husband just bought a house. They are having work done before they move in. Iv’e been helping with paint colors as they are painting entire interior/exterior. I have gone numerous times to get swatches, done the research online (house renovation is my thing), painted boards so she can look at them throughout the day as the light changes. So yesterday I said, let’s go get the final choices in quarts and we can paint different patches throughout house. She picks me up, we get the paint - I’m soo excited to finally see the house and do the fu,n part - paint and see what looks,good.

Nope, she says they are doing that tomorrow but can my mom and I watch the kids this afternoon. Like what…. That was the same to me like asking you to help move.

Don’t misconstrue based on this short example that she is not good to me; she is absolutely and does sweet things all the time.

I think sometimes when they have parents like us, who are always available and always can be depended on, that they forget we just wanna have that rare 1;1 time still.

So, back to the most important part of this post - DUDE, you gotta get the REM sleep! Unless that couch is big, comfy, and dogless, you’re gonna need someone to switch with you (daughter)! And I know when I say this I would hesitate to ask my daughter and it’s really none of my business to tell u what to do.. it’s just that I understand you don’t have the capacity to go without good sleep for too many days and I worry about you.

Ok, just hobbled off the soapbox and I will follow my own advice and go to bed in a few more minutes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back