00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for Water, we're having a conference next week and Monday is the golf tournament for water. Proceeds usually go to a Water For Life type nonprofit. But it's the golf tournament for the water conference.
Ah ok the way you said it I thought it was some new type of sport I knew nothing about. LOL

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all, @ESABOE, I am fighting diseases since more than 5 weeks. This morning the dottyback passed away ( to be franck I was thinking he died 2 days ago), still one clown and the tailspot affected hopefully it will go away. The flame overcome it yesterday and other fishes didn't show symptoms, all are eating fine. Also 2 SPS going through RTN/STN.

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all, @ESABOE, I am fighting diseases since more than 5 weeks. This morning the dottyback passed away ( to be franck I was thinking he died 2 days ago), still one clown and the tailspot affected hopefully it will go away. The flame overcome it yesterday and other fishes didn't show symptoms, all are eating fine. Also 2 SPS going through RTN/STN.
So sorry for your losses Remi

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning y'all!
Happy taco Tuesday!
81ecce447a504e22d2eee53a5ce1c7ec.jpg

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry Remi.
Hopefully you get everything under control soon.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Remi, I’m so sorry. You hadn’t updated so I wrongly assumed things were on the mend. We all care very much about you and your reef inhabitants, and want to support you any way we can.
I know the time zone issue doesn’t help, but let us know.
I realize you are experienced, but we’ve got some experts here that might help you.
For the rest of us, sending love and encouragement is what we can do, and hope to do.
Again, my recap didn’t mean to be flippant regarding you.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick 48 page recap (that I remember so everyone please add what I forget):

Kev - became a true home chef and made Gumbo from scratch (took all day and looked delicious). Helped daughter move into new house.

Joel - turned 55 and celebrated with family. He also got out with family to eat away from restaurant and is planning a food truck with Tim someday.

Tim - as usual, very busy. Eshopps tank is wet. He has been creating the argonite rock w/fragplug holes. He has been 3D creating different equipment pieces for tank; fragging SPS but gluing them so they enter-twine. (He will have to provide pics). And much more I likely don’t know about.

Katrina - Has people approaching her about very cool career opportunities- this is separate from the job she just got. She basically can do what she truly loves once that role presents itself (very cool to get to that point in one’s career.) She has been creating a magical branch scape and we look forward to seeing more of it as it becomes what she envisions.

Frank - has been behaving himself and has caused no more unplanned fires in his yard. He somehow came across a nice supply of gravel to finish his driveway and also secured a fair amount of wood for the wood pile. Hopefully, he will rest a bit and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Amanda - has two pending job offers, both look very good to her. She should make final decisions in next week or two. Also, her son has come to live with her now that he is an older teenager (just arrived from Mexico a couple days ago) she is giddy with excitement and love. She also got a new coral order(s), and we should see some pics in about a week I think.

Remi - Got his US Visa renewed, but you might know that already. Other than giving good advice to all of us on tank/fish issues/ideas, I don’t have anything new. Hard to chat in realtime due to time zone. Remi, tell us something happening with you! How is the barnacle condo?

Parker - enjoyed an awesome Spring Break away (we are still awaiting the details - at least the ones he can share). And he is dilegently working on his GHA issue. Also Lacrosse- we need to hear how the season is going!

Walker - has dealt with snow in Spring and an earthquake in the lovely state of NY. I think at this point he is just hoping for some sunshine and an opportunity not to wear a hat and gloves.

@Sleeping Giant - Haven’t heard from him in awhile, so nothing new.

@Fishy Guy - Will we haven’t heard from you in awhile. Come back to the Smorgasbord!

Me - quick stay in hospital just to do some tests. all good, starting new treatment this week. I got a new wrasse, Rosy Scale. And am bringing home another wrasse today from my LFS. Spending time with grandchildren and helping daughter and her husband get ready to move into their first home. I am in charge of finding and preparing different paint samples as they are redoing entire interior. Lots of fun.

That’s all my brain can think of. I leave it to the Smorgasbord to add.
thanks ESABOE...you just earned a star for your shirt collar...and now officially my secretary and recap coordinator. It doesn't pay much but the personal protection benefits are some of the very highest skilled agents. and what you think you saw when being protected really never happened ....cause we are all ghosts...that walk in the shadows....

Last edited:

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told them here at work today that I am taking another job. My coworker that has become my friend cried and hugged me and told me she's excited and happy for me but sad for her because she's going to miss me so much. My boss said she totally understands and that if the new job doesn't work out then to come back home here.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks ESABOE...you just earned a star for your shirt collar...and now officially my secretary and recap coordinator. It doesn't pay much but the personal protection benefits are some of the very highest skilled agents.
Hehe, thank you thank you! I’ll take the personal protection- these kids on their electric bikes wiz by me way too fast near the beach!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told them here at work today that I am taking another job. My coworker that has become my friend cried and hugged me and told me she's excited and happy for me but sad for her because she's going to miss me so much. My boss said she totally understands and that if the new job doesn't work out then to come back home here.
Nothing better than to hear how valued you are. You deserve these accolades so much and I’m thrilled you are hearing them!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am here..coffee in hand and i got two days off ...OMG what will I do....besides play with the 300...and sleep some..
Lots of sleep and send us some good pics of the 300 when your done working on it.
Sit in your garden too

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, thank you thank you! I’ll take the personal protection- these kids on their electric bikes wiz by me way too fast near the beach!
hahah..well sorry our brains are not wired to deal with brat kids on bikes...but mom and dad may need a slap or two to wake them up and be good parents...hahahah...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back