0   0   0
img_3632-1.png

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling it early tonight- radiation in the a.m.

Wonder how Parker is doing with his tank? Curious if he switched out saltwater to homemade with distilled water vs. LFS. And was able,to,do a 30% water change with it.

Can’t help myself - total Mom-Mode!

Night All.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parker, sorry for my absence; but you are in good hands with the experts here in our group.

Still take out Nori holder, frag rack, and acclimation box. Nothing in tank except to make it run.

Dont’ add anything to tank - if you do have fish/CUC in there and can’t move to temp tank, just feed them the basics - no extra stuff and don’t feed corals. Again, it would help if you listed what you feed and how often. I agree with Tim/Frank/Joel, it’s the water and/or leakage from equipment. But it’s still good for everyone to know exactly what your doing to give you the best next steps.

Ignore your LFS. With everything going on in your tank, their first suggestion should NOT be frag and dip a coral -says a lot about them.

Take the advice Frank is giving you on the RODI system. If you haven’t already done so, BRS has great tutorial videos all about RODI. It was a series, watch them before you ask Frank/Tim.Joel a lot of questions. Most of your questions will be learned through one 5-minute video.
It’s not an easy subject as there are multiple ways to go about it AND you have to factor in your houses setup; your parents wants on disturbing their house; and budget.

For now, while that gets discussed and you learn more, keep using distilled water and make your own saltwater- BRS even shows some vendor specific videos on how to make if you are unsure. What salt are you using?

We are all lucky to have these guys as quick as a text- THIS is your LFS!

And when I mean guys, I also mean us gals, I’m just showing my boomer age by not typing he/she.
I haven’t taken out nori older or frag rack. I don’t see any rust on those and I need them for some of my corals and to feed fish.

I feed the tank Roda fish food, and nori, sometimes ab plus.

I did end up dipping my hammer. I know a marine biologist that is near by and he said give it a try. He said from his experience when hammers start to go downhill there isn’t much coming back so why not give it a try. I also think I should fry the hammer because he’s gotten so big and has new heads coming in I need to put different parts of it in different areas of the tank. I also just saw a weird snail on the hammer.

I am working on the RODI.

Thanks for the help

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, sorry I haven’t been around too much. I’ve been super busy with lacrosse. We just won a tournament against our biggest rival. Had three goals on one of the games last week and four goals over the weekend.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t taken out nori older or frag rack. I don’t see any rust on those and I need them for some of my corals and to feed fish.

I feed the tank Roda fish food, and nori, sometimes ab plus.

I did end up dipping my hammer. I know a marine biologist that is near by and he said give it a try. He said from his experience when hammers start to go downhill there isn’t much coming back so why not give it a try. I also think I should fry the hammer because he’s gotten so big and has new heads coming in I need to put different parts of it in different areas of the tank. I also just saw a weird snail on the hammer.

I am working on the RODI.

Thanks for the help
We're always here for you Parker and I hope you are doing great.
I do miss you on here but I know you are busy.
Keep us updated. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, sorry I haven’t been around too much. I’ve been super busy with lacrosse. We just won a tournament against our biggest rival. Had three goals on one of the games last week and four goals over the weekend.
Awesome!
No worries we all understand and are your biggest fans.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home, over 2 1/2 hours without moving. Huge accident on the turnpike. Good night peeps and good morning @Remi !
871D9423-9FA6-4FA1-9FAA-EC442B769140.jpeg
315022C6-9DFA-42DB-9790-BF8473CAA6FB.jpeg
Night Kev!
Get some rest.

Kipp's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So embarrassed and frustrated- didn’t see any notifications on your newly created build thread and you even tagged me! Just wanted you to know I wasn’t ignoring you.

I’m following your build now - love your new additions to your reef! You will enjoy the silly world of clownfish for sure.
No problem! I don't expect everyone to be on the site on a daily basis lol! thanks for the follow! :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%

Back