Good morning All!
6850407D-447C-4BD2-9EFC-877D68EE967C.jpeg

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no young cooks to hire/help me, especially with what I do.
We're not McDonald's I actually have to cook.
My helper is 47, my dishwasher 63.
I'm 55.
That's 165 years old in the kitchen :astonished-face:
yep and I would take Vegas odds that they would not even know how to turn on a gas oven/stove or put a pan fire out when it happens. cause it one day it will happen.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raises hand! Admitting complete defeat right now.

Anyone wanna come over and help me clean my algae and re-glue the frags that fell off when I dropped the acclimation box on a row of corals last week while releasing the blue-side wrasse.

Tank looks so bad and all it really needs is a little scrubbing- just don’t have the energy. Very hard to look at it all day long.

Gonna go get rdy to drive in commuter traffic for radiation.

Ok, done whining. Putting on my big girl pants and remember how blessed I actually am.

If I have tacos today, it would be 4 days in a row. Hehe.
I would come help ya but I can't seem to get a real day off without being on call...maybe if I get a chance to do some good over in Cali for an op, then I would be close to help...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see that sponge tray once it’s done. I’m toying with reconfiguring my sump to have a larger filter floss section.
Ok I will share pics...still designing it, not gonna make anything super over the top since, planning the new tank and sump...The 300 is being taken by a fellow team member for his cichlids and fresh water rays once I commit. I already got one company giving me $ for the 6ftx4ftx30(true inside of 30 inches)

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
work finished for today, I was driving when I found a Petco and I went in out of curiosity, they had IO purple bucket for $80, I don't know if that is the regular price but I'm going to go to a lfs that is closer to home because that Petco is about 50 minutes from my house
check out SaltwaterAquarium.com They have that salt cheaper and also other brands to pick from that are cheaper or more $..But the thing you have to look at is how many gallons the bucket or box makes. Most times if you buy a bigger box it comes out cheaper per gallon...and shipping is free! Plus it will give you options for salt mixes that are close to the parameters you want to be in the tank. I using Brightwell Neo since I 90% use all their supplements.
work finished for today, I was driving when I found a Petco and I went in out of curiosity, they had IO purple bucket for $80, I don't know if that is the regular price but I'm going to go to a lfs that is closer to home because that Petco is about 50 minutes from my house

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everything look like?
I'm assuming tank is milky white?
Things will be mad but they're pretty resilient actually but you're going to need to do a water change asap.
Don't beat yourself up dude!
**** happens bro.
Nows when you earn your reefing stripes fixing your mistake.
In the 90's Albert Theil ran his tanks at 18 with no worries.
You can lower the salinity by taking out some water and adding fresh water back in. That will lower the alk for now.
I take it you're not home?
Hopefully Frank, Tim, Kevin will chime in soon.
Yes, sadly your gonna have to do water changes..Most important then the high number is the time duration to the number swings...Here you went up in numbers quick. Now you have to go down in number.It is a coin toss either do it quick or do it slow, either way it is a chance cause the swing causes the most problems. Also lets say you do a 50% water change; you may not decrease the high number by 50% but it should bring it down alot. Then when you do another 50% again it will bring it down. The issue is when you add new salt mix your adding more back in...It will take time..But the faster you start the process the better for the coarls. The fish should be ok, but again slow change is best....

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will share pics...still designing it, not gonna make anything super over the top since, planning the new tank and sump...The 300 is being taken by a fellow team member for his cichlids and fresh water rays once I commit. I already got one company giving me $ for the 6ftx4ftx30(true inside of 30 inches)
Well I certainly don’t need fancy - lol

Best designs are the most simple

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I went to my to my LFS and they had a yellow mimic tang for $40 he was small and looked really healthy but I didn't get him since you guys said I should get tangs last.
That depends on will the yellow tang be the only tang..? If so the only issue may be in the future is another yellow fish shaped like him/her. If your gonna do multi tangs best to do all at once and let them make a pecking order... Or you can do what I do, add tangs to the pack with each tank upgrade. I add them to the pack in the holding garbage can while the tank transition is happening or if you do a major tank empty and clean...This works for me but may not work for you...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back