20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
For the rock pool reef keeper badge? I think Suzi manage that one, I can give him the 305 reef club one
Can I get the badge of honor please?
 
Sorry for the late reply was doing my weekly test, nitrate continue to go down but phosphate still to the roof. Chemiclean clean 85/90% of the cyano but also have a bit of GHA. I add yesterday a bag of chemi pure elite.I have an aptasia, I burnt it 2 times and also with vinegar, it is still growing back... Otherwise the remaining bta is still recovering but it was a ultra pink which I understood later is not existing so I am assuming just a bleached bta. I begin to see the green on the bottom. Yesterday I lost my anthias but I saw the flame nipping at her when she was not doing good.
How are your No3 and Po4 now? My tank went the biocube route, they are not the ideal parameters but I let it follow its own path and I take a better look at how the corals look No3 (25-35) Po4 (0.8-1.0) each tank is different and if somehow everything works fine for you my advice is to leave it as is, I'm not telling you to follow my example because it's not a great advice lol but it works for me
 
I don't know if I can say that it was cold here at dawn lol, seeing the other temperatures it's going to seem like Miami is ready to go to the beach, but for me it's cold lol
1000126327.jpg
 
Morning folks. Another cold morning here too. 17° with a Real feel of 9° :rolleyes:
17 here too. saw a posting that we may start having cloudy skies soon from the L.A fires :astonished-face:
 
I don't know if I can say that it was cold here at dawn lol, seeing the other temperatures it's going to seem like Miami is ready to go to the beach, but for me it's cold lol
1000126327.jpg
that tropical for us!
 
How are your No3 and Po4 now? My tank went the biocube route, they are not the ideal parameters but I let it follow its own path and I take a better look at how the corals look No3 (25-35) Po4 (0.8-1.0) each tank is different and if somehow everything works fine for you my advice is to leave it as is, I'm not telling you to follow my example because it's not a great advice lol but it works for me
Nitrate 14.7, phosphate above 0.6, on salifert it was like 0.5, alk 8.9, calcium 410, magnesium 1300. What bother me is the lack of growth. The tank as 1 minutes ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG20250109163751.jpg
    IMG20250109163751.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG20250109163737.jpg
    IMG20250109163737.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 40

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new