20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Tailspot blenny
Royal Gramma
A coulpe of clown
Halichore Chrysus
Exquisite Wrasse
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
A couple of anthias
You could probably add 2 or 3 more peaceful fish to the tank.
 
Have you ever unintentionally neglected part of your tank maintenance? I have been so focused on getting the GHA off my rocks and the tufts of it off my glass I totally forgot to completely scrub the back glass until today. I had forgotten how pretty it looks when the back is totally clean.
20250111_160103.jpg
20250112_175018.jpg
20250112_175846.jpg
20250112_175834.jpg
20250112_175816.jpg
20250112_175756.jpg
20250112_175736.jpg
20250112_175751.jpg
Looks amazing Amanda!
 
No tang in mind but a couple of wrasses lol
I know, I saw a fairy wrasse at my LFS and it was stunning. So hard to not get! I was so tempted to get it!!!
 
Tailspot blenny
Royal Gramma
A coulpe of clown
Halichore Chrysus
Exquisite Wrasse
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
A couple of anthias
I think as long as it's a fish that stays on the small side you should be fine.
 
Tailspot blenny
Royal Gramma
A coulpe of clown
Halichore Chrysus
Exquisite Wrasse
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
A couple of anthias
How about a twinspot goby to keep your sandbed sparkling. I don’t know where I heard it but I think Tim used to have one. :thinking-face: Perhaps a dwarf angel, flame!
 
How about a twinspot goby to keep your sandbed sparkling. I don’t know where I heard it but I think Tim used to have one. :thinking-face:
I've been looking for one in the 4 lfs I have near me and it's very difficult to find around here.
 
Do you know which one? Loving them to much lately
I don't remember, but you definitely have the one I saw. Which ones do you have?
 
I've been looking for one in the 4 lfs I have near me and it's very difficult to find around here.
Reread my post, I added another fish. You might need to order a twinspot .
 
I've been looking for one in the 4 lfs I have near me and it's very difficult to find around here.
If you decide to order one I have had success with ordering from saltwaterfish.com and they have a section that is reef safe Wrasse only.
 
Reread my post, I added another fish. You might need to order a twinspot .
Beautiful fish, I had one and it was a jerk in the biocube 32, do you think it will do well here?
 
My contribution :

image.jpg


For those in the know, yes, that is Paw Patrol Mighty Pups in the background. Oh and my foot, lol
Have you made it past Bluey and the finger family yet, Luis?
 
If you decide to order one I have had success with ordering from saltwaterfish.com and they have a section that is reef safe Wrasse only.
I have never bought anything live for the tank online but for everything there is a first time ;) , the problem is that nobody is at my house until after 5pm regularly
 
I have never bought anything live for the tank online but for everything there is a first time ;) , the problem is that nobody is at my house until after 5pm regularly
You can have it held at a FedEx pickup location near you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new