20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Ok, ok, enough of all that reefing jazz.

Something a little different that I bet no one has heard previously.


I wouldn't say I immediately knew who they were. I have two of their songs saved in my spotify apparently. Great song
 
This one is even rarer than the last one I posted. Most of you will probably prefer this band over the last.


My favorite little corner of music. 60s/70s private press psych/folk
 
I stopped listening to Hootch Hootch to play this song. I do believe it qualifies as Reefing Jazz. Good call!
You're going to want to resume Hootch ASAP 🤣
 
Ok I like what we're doing here tonight fellas! Here's an old Forrest tale from back in the day. I would love to have this rare one on vinyl. I've never played this one before. The lyrics are....
Let's just say, it could be viewed as pretty dark. It's 10 minutes of The Hobbit meets The Wicker man. If you dare Here's Comus.

 
That is amazing m. What is the trick to getting the flesh band to grow that far down?
I regularly feed my corals, plus I don’t use filter socks or any mechanical filtration, just a skimmer. I run my skimmer pretty dry and empty it probably every 3-4 weeks. Even then, the cup isn’t even half full. So, bottom line, the corals get a lot of food from feedings and from the water column
 
Hoping everyone is doing well.
I went to my LFS and bought a green goblin Kenya tree, colt coral and a Galexea. Everything made it and is in the tank. Tank is doing so well, Xenia has started to split... Not long before I have an infestation. Hammer and frogspawn are very happy, and my toadstool is growing at a rapid rate.

@00W I feel like I haven't heard from you in forever Joel, how've you been?

Hoping everyone else is doing good! Thank you to those who reply still. Love y'all.
It’s good to hear you have a handle on the tank Cam!! That’s awesome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new