20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
This one's going to be a frag/grow out tank, Lin.
I realized I enjoyed that portion of the hobby, the "collection" and growing of corals.
Don't ge me wrong. I enjoy building a reef with rockwork, and a more reeflike look, but this way I can keep just corals, and worry less about aggression and overgrowth.

So we're going to try to see what kind of cool pieces we can grow out, and spread around!
That is what my 40 breeder became in this stock tank about 6 weeks ago when the seams started to fail, now I really enjoy watching from the top down.
20260928_115100.jpg

Hi!
 
That is what my 40 breeder became in this stock tank about 6 weeks ago when the seams started to fail, now I really enjoy watching from the top down.
20260928_115100.jpg


Hi!
That's a bummer about the seam failure; but you have some great looking coral in there, and I'm glad you were able to save them. I think the top down shot will be the best view of the tank I plan on having too.

I'm going to add these custom built frag stands, designed to fit my tank. They are adjustable for height, and "tiers" can be added or removed. I believe it'll give me a lot of extra room around the perimeter of the tank while keeping the middle and bottom open for bigger corals.

IMG_6335.png
IMG_6332.png
IMG_6334.png
 
That's a bummer about the seam failure; but you have some great looking coral in there, and I'm glad you were able to save them. I think the top down shot will be the best view of the tank I plan on having too.

I'm going to add these custom built frag stands, designed to fit my tank. They are adjustable for height, and "tiers" can be added or removed. I believe it'll give me a lot of extra room around the perimeter of the tank while keeping the middle and bottom open for bigger corals.

IMG_6335.png
IMG_6332.png
IMG_6334.png
That is going to be really cool, love the frag racks!

Have been debating moving the stuff from the stock tank back to a new 40 breeder I successfully drilled this time (drill baby drill, right kevin?) and have it all setup and ready but also ordered a peninsula 60x30x20 custom acrylic tank to replace my 90g peninsula and am still debating combining everything into a singe tank or keeping the separate tanks.... decisions, decisions.
 
That is going to be really cool, love the frag racks!

Have been debating moving the stuff from the stock tank back to a new 40 breeder I successfully drilled this time (drill baby drill, right kevin?) and have it all setup and ready but also ordered a peninsula 60x30x20 custom acrylic tank to replace my 90g peninsula and am still debating combining everything into a singe tank or keeping the separate tanks.... decisions, decisions.
Thank you!

I can understand that being a tough decision. On one hand you have a ton of corals to make an almost instant reef, but then there's also an excuse reason to have more tanks! 😆
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new